Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director Government Affairs
Job Title: Director Government Affairs
Department: Government Affairs
Summary: The Director of Government Affairs will have a proven skill set developing and supporting government affairs endeavors. You must be highly detail oriented and capable of managing confidential information and skilled at relationship building. The Director of Government Affairs operates as part of the broader Government and Regulatory Affairs team and works within the team to support management in trade association meetings and public forums.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Represents and meets with heads of agencies, legislators, executive branch personnel, government staff, and other parties to communicate Diamondback’s position on policy matters.
- Advocates to key decision makers on behalf of the Company and the oil and gas industry at large.
- Supports the Senior VP Government and Regulatory Affairs to develop, execute, and incorporate a holistic strategy for advocacy, and subsequently integrates individual company departments into a larger plan for change and influence in key oilfield matters.
- Analyzes current and proposed policy to determine Company impacts and positions.
- Identifies internal stakeholders impacted by current and proposed policy, develops and recommends appropriate responses, and executes strategies to support Company positions.
- Directs independent contractor(s), lobbyist(s), and stewards government affairs relationships.
- Proactively adds value toward the delivery of key objectives as Diamondback implements an effective and visible agenda.
- Collaborates with department staff and continues to build on Diamondback’s strong culture of doing the right thing and executing with excellence.
- Prepares regular reports and briefings for applicable internal stakeholders.
- Highly detail oriented and capable of efficiently and effectively handling sensitive and nuanced information and data.
- Supports Company compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or another related field
- Fifteen (15+) years of specific government affairs experience
- Proven analytical skills for policy, legislation, and rulemaking analysis
- Demonstrated history of decision making and relationship building
- Skilled at liaising with government officials and trade associations
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organization skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently as required
- Excellent communication skills (in writing and orally) in a professional and effective manner
- Familiar with oilfield terminology and operations
- Previous government affairs experience in Texas and Washington, DC
The position will be located in Austin, Texas. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Diamondback Energy is not currently sponsoring employment visas for this position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-20