Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Affairs
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Director, Government Affairs
The Director of Government Affairs will represent Siemens Healthineers with federal, state, and local government officials and within medical device trade associations. The position requires cross-functional teamwork within the company to develop and deliver advocacy and policy priorities on issues such as access to cancer diagnosis and treatment, medical imaging, and laboratory diagnostics, including Medicare payment policy, FDA policy, and public health policy. This role will combine your policy knowledge and advocacy skills to support Siemens Healthineers priorities for patient care.
- Develop and maintain relationships at the federal, state and local level to achieve Siemens Healthineers advocacy objectives.
- Assist in the development and drive the implementation of government affairs strategy.
- Represent the Company’s interests with various trade association committees.
- Review and analyze proposed federal legislation and regulations to translate the impact to our products and services and develop strategy to support our priorities.
- Prepare presentations, briefing documents, one-pagers and other materials to support outreach and education of government officials and staff on the Company’s priorities and to communicate to the Company the potential impact of state and federal policies on the Company’s business.
- Help manage state and federal consultants to achieve the Company’s goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with think tanks, patient advocacy organizations, physician organizations and multi-stakeholder coalitions to advance the Company’s policy priorities.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- 5+ years of experience working on healthcare issues at a life sciences company, legislative or executive branch of government, or relevant trade association.
- Ability to register as a federal lobbyist.
- Demonstrated accomplishments within the legislative process or the administrative rulemaking process.
- Understanding of federal politics and programs, including Medicare and Medicaid, the Medical Device User Fee Act, the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Affordable Care Act, and the Public Health Service Act.
- Knowledge and experience with the Lobbying Disclosure Act and political programs including Political Action Committees (PACs).
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally across large teams and complex workstreams.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-17