Director, Government Affairs
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm’s Washington, DC based government affairs team is looking for an experienced advocate to advance key domestic and international public policy priorities in the areas 5G, emerging technologies, intellectual property, antitrust, export controls, national security, and other matters.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
The Director position involves strategically and effectively delivering Qualcomms messages to key Administration agencies, Capitol Hill offices, thought leaders, and engaging with trade associations.
The position involves conducting regular external outreach and internal communication to:
1. Enhance Qualcomms visibility as a thought leader in Washington, DC on emerging technology policy issues;
2. Facilitate alignment between policy messaging and business objectives;
3. Represent Qualcomm at PAC events, federal coalitions, and in engagements with elected officials; and
4. Actively lobby on issues of importance to the company, including
- Have minimum 10 years relevant Capitol Hill or Administration experience.
- Have familiarity with telecommunications and/or semiconductor industry sector developments in the U.S. and abroad.
- Have a strong background in technology policy
- Be a self-motivated, responsible, action-oriented individual.
- Have strong leadership potential.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have strong organizational, research, writing, and analytical skills.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that’s unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly, it’s our people. Our employees are self-disciplined, hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us the #1 Top Workplace in the area.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22