Director of Government Affairs
Improving quality of life, one home at a time.
At Rausch Coleman Homes, we honor God through our commitment to Integrity and Excellence in all aspects of homebuilding. We place the highest value upon the customer by exceeding expectations, and upon our team members by committing to professional development. We aspire to build the best quality affordable homes and we hold ourselves accountable to that goal.
Rausch Coleman Homes is a top 40 homebuilder in the United States. For over 60 years, we’ve helped families better their lives and achieve their dream of home ownership. Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Arkansas, Rausch Coleman Homes offers competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, generous paid time off, and much more. For more information about what it’s like to work for Rausch Coleman Homes, including a more comprehensive listing of company benefits, please visit https://careers.rauschcoleman.com.
Director of Government Affairs
The Director of Government Affairs provides policy direction involving local, state, and federal government affairs and assists in establishment of corporate strategies, policies, and plans to the company. The Director maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with state and federal officials and legislatively represents and protects the organizations interests.
- Legislative Liaison
- Provides guidance to the General Counsel and senior-level staff in order to promote the Company’s legislative agendas.
- Tracks the advancement of Federal legislation and State legislation in operational States (AR, OK, TX, AL, MO, KS) and other states to determine if there is a potential impact on the Company’s policies, programs, or operations.
- Develops legislation to support the Company’s strategic initiatives which entails working with senior-level staff and legislators.
- Collaborate with and mobilize State and Local industry support groups, associations, trade partners, and others to support legislative agendas.
- Legislative Policy Analysis
- Identifies significant policy and political issues on the Federal and State levels, and makes recommendations that best support the Company
- Evaluates the benefits and consequences of legislative policy changes within the Company, throughout the operational States and nationally, and communicates that information to a variety of senior-level staff.
- Legislative Research
- Examines key issues as they pertain to the Company and the construction, real estate, and banking/finance industries.
- Analyzes regulatory and legislative trends to formulate the Company’s strategic legislative agenda.
- Prepares weekly reports and updates on legislative and Local policy changes.
- Works with General Counsel and legal department to ensure Company policies are in compliance with changing legislation and policies.
- Government/Community Relations
- Develops and fosters effective relationships with State and Local government agencies, government partners, key policymakers, and the business community.
- Works with leadership to develop strategies on legislative issues and public relations.
- Conducts outreach with all State and Local industry interest groups, builders associations, community groups, city planning commissions, city councils, state agencies, and other partners on Company issues, agendas and public relations.
- Travels and attends State and Local meetings involving legislative or policy decisions, disputes, and negotiations. Overnight travel may be frequent (50% of time).
- Serves as advocate for Company
- Articulates important industry and public policy priorities and positions for the Company.
- Maintains relationships with lobbyists and support groups.
- Works to strategically position legislation, amend legislation, and support or oppose bills, and works to strategically advocate Company business and operations in all Local markets.
- Regular travel required (50%).
- Other duties as defined by the General Counsel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least four (4) years of professional work experience in Legislative Affairs, Public Policy, as a Legislative Liaison, or in a similar position
- Legislative and public policy experience
- Strategic thinking
- Decisive execution
- Organized reporting and presentation experience
- Strong ability to communicate in a clear and direct manner
- Ability to travel (50%)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Perform well under pressure
- Results driven
- Problem solving/analysis
- Conflict resolution Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently
- Frequently moving small objects
- Frequently sitting for long periods of time
- Walking or standing occasionally
- Must have manual use of hands and vision to use computer constantly
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-28