Director Government Affairs
Who We Are
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank expertly and reliably obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. We are 200 dedicated professionals leveraging our tremendous assets into supporting the people who feed the world.
How We Serve
AgriBank’s mission is to expertly and reliably obtain funds and prudently provide funding and financial solutions primarily to the 14 Farm Credit Associations in the AgriBank District. Prudent lending standards and unwavering attention to risk management have resulted in a strong balance sheet. This balance sheet facilitates ongoing access to the financial markets, offering funding in the form of loan products with a wide variety of maturities, repricing and repayment options to District Associations. District Associations share in the positive benefits of a strong funding Bank through consistent access to capital, a broad array of financial products they use to serve their customers and an appropriate return on their investment through patronage distributions. We do all of this important work by listening, seeking feedback and delivering collaborative, innovative solutions. We foster a culture where diverse ideas are not only accepted, but expected. Delivery of quality products and financial services is our top priority.
What We Offer For Our Employees
As part of our commitment to attract and retain the best talent, we offer competitive salary and benefits, including a generous 401(k) plan and time-off plans. We support our employees’ development by offering education assistance, conferences, seminars, development training and other programs. We offer a flexible and supportive environment that leads to healthy work/life balance. AgriBank and our employees care about the community–we offer employee matching to partner organizations and paid time off to spend volunteering at a nonprofit organization. The combination of our total rewards and benefits, flexible and supportive workplace, and mission-driven culture make AgriBank the place to grow your career.
Join the dedicated professionals at AgriBank, and put your skills to work ensuring farmers and rural communities have the innovative financial solutions they need to feed our neighbors and the world.
As an integral player on the AgriBank team, you will be part of AgriBank’s mission to support the people who feed the world. As the Director – Government Affairs, you will oversee, coordinate, and be accountable for the government affairs activities on behalf of AgriBank and the AgriBank District.
Duties in this role include, but are not limited to:
Strategy Development and Coordination
- Continuously monitor, research, identify and communicate issues important to AgriBank and the AgriBank District related to congressional, executive branch and regulatory activities impacting AgriBank and the Farm Credit System
- Develop, communicate and implement strategy for advancement of AgriBank legislative and regulatory initiatives
- Coordinate activities and provide corporate support for the AgriBank Board Government Affairs Coordinating Committee and the AgriBank District Farm Credit Council
- Coordinate activities with Farm Credit Council and Farm Credit Bank districts to promote legislative and regulatory developments beneficial to AgriBank and the Farm Credit System
- Communicate with the board and management regarding government affairs developments, including regulatory and legislative matters of interest to AgriBank and the AgriBank District
- Establish and maintain relationships with Farm Credit System entities and external parties, including lobbying firms and trade associations, to coordinate government affairs efforts that are beneficial to AgriBank and the AgriBank District
- Work collaboratively with counterparts from other System Banks and Farm Credit Council staff to further legislative, regulatory and other policy issues on behalf of the Farm Credit System
- Provide subject matter expertise, information, and analysis to AgriBank and District Associations regarding Legislative and Executive Branch activities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, political science, finance, economics, or a related field
- 15 years of experience working with the legislative process
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of the legislative process
- Expert knowledge of the political process
- Working knowledge of agricultural policy
- Working knowledge of financial services
- Working knowledge of the federal administrative process
- Working knowledge of political action committee laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of the congressional budget and appropriations process
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external organizations and individuals to advance the organization’s interests and increase personal efficacy
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Bank’s systems and data
This position is eligible for remote work options and will be discussed during the interview process.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply for this position by clicking on the following link:
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact us through the following methods: Phone: 651-282-8647 or Mail: AgriBank, Attn: Talent Recruiting, 30 E 7th Street, Suite 1600, St. Paul, MN 55101.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
AgriBank FCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/W/D/V) dedicated to diversity in the workplace and offers a great work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-11-18