Director, Government Affairs (5948)
HollyFrontier Corporation located in Dallas, TX is seeking a Director, Government Affairs to ensure the Company has input into key public policy and legislation initiatives at the federal and state levels for issues that affect HFC and HEP business. Will consider qualified applicants in District of Columbia (DC).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
Will receive guidance and training to accomplish the following functions:
- Builds strategies and provides support on federal and state public policy issues relevant to the Oil and Gas business.
- Develops and implements policy strategies, including prioritizing issues to balance company needs and political environment, and lobbies Congress, the Administration, Federal agencies and other regulators as necessary to achieve company policy objectives.
- Monitors and tracks legislative and public policy landscape on relevant issues and helps develop key policy materials for such issues.
- Monitors all legislative initiatives shaping the regulatory environment for the industry, maintains complete awareness of key regulatory issues, laws and regulations affecting the company product portfolio and business, and anticipates and recommends actions in advance of competitive, legislative pressure.
- Participates on influential federal or state regulatory and legislative industry committees/work groups in states in which the company operates to enable optimal business results through favorable legislative outcomes.
- Builds and maintains an effective advocacy network among leading national groups and coalitions to support company government affairs and public policy goals.
- Establishes strong professional relationships with key decision makers in U.S. Congress and state governments and liaises, develops and maintains effective relationships with other public/private sector efforts.
- Manages the activities of the company’s outside lobbying firms and the legal compliance and distribution of funds from the HollyFrontier Employee Political Action Committee (‘PAC’).
- Develops federal government stakeholder map and maintains key Administration contacts across relevant agencies.
- Coordinates government affairs activities with subsidiary companies.
- Monitors local political community relationships managed at the state level and offers input and assistance as appropriate.
- Participates in influential industry relations efforts to provide timely legislative insights resulting in optimal business results.
- Participates in overall corporate strategy formulation with Senior Management team.
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years industry and specialty related experience.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline, Government, Public Policy, Law, Communications, or a related field, is required.
Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills; basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications; strong legislative competency as well as strong negotiating and influencing skills. Analytically strong with attention to details. In depth knowledge of legislative data requirements, programs and policies. Thorough understanding of the legislative process, including an understanding of the roles and decision points in Congress and Federal regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
May supervise others.
Office based with up to 33% travel by land and air required. Subject to all weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise finger and hand movements, reaching or grasping, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required, and perceiving color differences. Job conditions may require standing and walking.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-16