Director, Government Affairs
The Director, Government Affairs represents and advocates on behalf of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE), including the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), in many forums, including federal government agencies, Congressional offices, on issues of importance to ICE. The individual will be the principal government affairs advocate on securities regulatory issues with potential impact on ICE’s business units and on exchange-listed companies. The Director will build and maintain relationships with SEC Commissioners, SEC staff, staff at other federal agencies (e.g., Treasury), members of Congress, Congressional staff, and industry trade associations. As part of the ICE Government Affairs Team, s(he) will work closely with ICE business leaders and coordinate and collaborate with ICE legal and others on the ICE Government Affairs Team.
The person in this role will be expected to register as a lobbyist.
- Monitor SEC initiatives relevant to ICE and NYSE-listed companies
- Monitor other non-SEC policy initiatives in the U.S. and other major jurisdictions relevant to ICE
- Identify and initiate opportunities to engage with key policymakers across Washington, D.C.
- Work closely with ICE legal and business leads on advocacy strategy and execution
- Represent ICE in the Equity Markets Association and participate in other industry trade associations of which ICE is a member, as appropriate
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD is preferred
- 7 or more years of experience, preferably working at the SEC and/or with Congress
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Proven client service experience, such as supporting a principal in the government sector, working at a law firm or managing trade association members
- Demonstrated ability to explain and discuss complex policy and regulatory issues
- Proven ability to influence
- Judgment and critical thinking with the ability to assimilate various points of view in making strategic decisions
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-21