Director, Government Affairs
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Director, Government Affairs
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Director of Government Affairs will be a key member of the Prologis legal team. Reporting to the Vice President of Workforce Programs and Community Relations, this individual will have a leading role in shaping Prologis’ government affairs strategy through the establishment and operationalization of this new function. The individual will be responsible for identifying trends and policies that would impact our business, and work cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies for Prologis that advance our business goals and the federal, state, local level. This role will regularly serve as a key advisor to our General Counsel and other executive leadership. We are open to this person being based in San Francisco, Washington DC, New York, Denver or Dallas.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Establish Prologis’ government affairs practice by implementing a government relations strategic plan for legislative and regulatory issues at the federal, state and local levels.
- Design Prologis’ plans for government outreach and thought leadership through the gathering of intelligence and preparation of position papers, policy briefings, presentations, and other materials related to government actions.
- Develop legislative and regulatory agendas on a wide range of policy issues, including tax, transportation, energy, trade, labor.
- Monitor, anticipate, and understand state and federal legislative and regulatory policy activities to develop recommendations and prepare communications for the CEO, General Counsel, and senior management to strategically shape our positions, advocacy, and response.
- Support internal stakeholders including CEO, General Counsel, and senior management to appropriately engage government officials and support policy initiatives.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key elected officials, legislative staff, and policy groups to increase Prologis’ visibility, presence and influence in government.
- Develop and conduct trainings to support key internal talent with their engagement of public officials.
- Advocate before government officials, policy makers and their staff.
- Support, drive, and maximize Prologis’ trade association memberships.
- Manage Prologis’ involvement with external consultants and other companies.
- Represent Prologis’ in relevant hearings, meetings, and conferences.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic credentials, preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with government affairs, public policy, or government relations in both the public and private sector (real estate, retail, or transportation experience strongly preferred).
- Ability to travel at peak times up to 40-50%.
- Experience in developing and implementing a government affairs program.
- Established track record of furthering business strategy and objectives through impactful government affairs.
- A comprehensive understanding of the operation of the federal government, U.S. state and local.
- Extensive network of government contacts in the U.S.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with senior executives and government officials, including advocating before Congress and/or the Executive Branch on behalf of corporations, trades associations, or any other interest group.
- Established ability to build and sustain relationships with government officials.
- The ability to plan and implement a political advocacy effort and persuasively communicate and advocate for company positions and policies through the legislative process.
- Familiarity with real estate industry/transportation/commerce.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive approach with practical business judgment.
- Team-first attitude and impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Experience managing budgets and consultants.
- Strong project management skills.
- High level of personal drive.
Target base compensation range of: $110,000-149,000 plus bonus % target to be discussed during initial phone interview.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-24