Director of Government Affairs
ABOUT Citizens’ Climate: Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL)/Citizens’ Climate Education (CCE) is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization focused on national policies to address climate change. CCE works to build nationwide support for a revenue neutral carbon dividend approach to address climate change and coordinates with a 501(c)(4) sister organization, Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL), when volunteers engage in advocacy for specific legislation. Our 190,000 supporters are organized into more than 500 chapters. CCL/CCE staff train and support volunteers to build relationships with elected officials, publish media about climate solutions, educate their communities about climate change, and build political will for national climate legislation. CCL/CCE prides itself on its unique approach to build upon shared values rather than partisan divides. CCL/CCE creates a dynamic and diverse work environment that supports the growth and development of our staff. For more information about Citizens’ Climate, visit our website at www.citizensclimatelobby.org.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Director of Government Affairs, you will support Citizens’ Climate in our strategic goal of building support for climate action and specifically for our preferred policy, a robust, effective and efficient carbon price. You will work directly with key policy makers in both the legislative and executive branches to build a critical mass of support. In addition, you will cultivate and maintain relationships with allied organizations working on climate change and coordinate and collaborate where possible. Work will include supporting and coordinating with the unique network of Citizens’ Climate volunteers who are the grassroots backbone of our organization.
- 6 years of experience working in Congress, the executive branch, and/or government affairs preferred.
- Experience working on climate, energy, and carbon pricing policy desired
- Experience working in agriculture, conservation, transportation, or infrastructure policy a plus
- Staff experience in Congress or the executive branch is strongly desired
- Self-directed, driven, goal oriented, with comfort working remotely
- Experience with mentoring
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proven networking and relationship building skills
- Comfort working with diverse staff and volunteers in an organization committed to bipartisanship and addressing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Access to a computer with camera, phone and reliable internet required
Note: Evening and weekend hours may be necessary when working with volunteers across multiple time zones. Expect occasional travel when the organization resumes traditional operations.
COMPENSATION: Salary ranges from $90,000 to $110,000 based on experience. Benefits for a full-time position include health insurance (eligibility after a 30-day wait period), dental and vision insurance, and a 401K retirement plan. Two weeks vacation will be accrued during the first year of employment. An additional week of vacation is accrued after one year of employment with CCL.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Government Affairs
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
CCL/CCE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
In order to further our efforts to create an inclusive and fair workplace, we uphold the Americans with Disabilities Act and provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities.
Job posted: 2021-06-09