Director – Government Affairs & Advocacy
Position SummaryThe Director of Government Affairs & Advocacy will develop and oversee multi-state and federal advocacy strategy, political engagement, policy and legislative positions and grassroots advocacy efforts in the advancement of Mom’s Meals objectives.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Provide senior leadership with strategic advice on policy issues affecting the company and its products to inform business planning, including facilitating high-level meetings, between leadership and relevant government officials
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure appropriate utilization of external advocacy efforts, including outside consultants
- Author and edit policy papers, testimony, comments, and articles that will be released to elected leaders, thought leaders, and the public
- Oversee legislative and regulatory tracking process including identifying, analyzing and tracking legislation and regulations impacting Mom’s Meals
- Lead on various policy, advocacy, and/or campaign initiatives with partners as needed
- Effectively organize the support and execution of grassroots efforts
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Political Science, or other related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a legislative and advocating position
- Experience interacting with Congressional offices, state legislators, federal and state administration officials to put together public policy initiatives
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects within in a deadline-driven environment
- Skilled in analytical and critical thinking, counseling and problem solving
- Experience and skill at building relationships, working on a team, and cultivating collaboration with a diverse group of people
- A solid communicator who is conversant with the goals and strategies of Mom’s Meals
- Ability to edit effectively and efficiently and ability to respond effectively when applicable
- Must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with a well-developed work ethic and tremendous resourcefulness
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working on issues related to healthcare, including Medicare and Medicaid-related initiatives
- Repetitive motions that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting, remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- Visual perception to perform job including peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Company OverviewMom’s Meals, is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 20 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Mom’s Meals could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
EEOMom’s Meals complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
Effective Date: September 15, 2021
PurFoods, LLC and our affiliated companies (“PurFoods,” “we,” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and are providing the following details regarding how we collect and use the personal information of California residents who are PurFoods employees, independent contractors, job applicants, owners, directors or officers (and their emergency contacts and recipients of employment benefits) (each a “California Employee”).
We are providing this information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Please read this Privacy Notice to California Employees carefully and provide it to your emergency contacts and recipients of employment benefits.
PurFoods may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers and Social Security numbers and other government-issued ID numbers;
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, education information, employment history, financial information and medical and medical insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status, request for leave and marital status;
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our and other websites and systems;
- Geolocation data, such as device location, vehicle location and IP location;
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as photographs or audio or video recordings created in connection with our business activities;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data, and data necessary for benefits and related administration services;
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We use California Employee personal information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, managing our workforce, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including for example, using personal information to:
- Manage workforce activities and personnel generally, including for recruitment, background screening, performance management, career development, payments administration, employee training, leaves and promotions;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations;
- Administer hiring, promotion, and discipline;
- Manage payroll, wages, tax forms and filing, expense reimbursements, and other awards such as stock options, stock grants and bonuses, and provide healthcare, pensions, savings plans and other benefits;
- Calculate insurance and other employee benefits;
- Notify family members in case of an emergency;
- Maintain and secure our facilities, equipment, systems, and infrastructure;
- Protect the health and safety of our workforce and others, and conduct risk and security control and monitoring;
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis to assist in planning succession and to ensure business continuity, as well as to design employee retention programs and diversity initiatives;
- Provide an efficient means for personnel to obtain the contact information of their colleagues so they may contact them;
- Monitor use of IT infrastructure, internet access, and electronic communication for unauthorized, unlawful, or inappropriate use;
- Record phone calls for training, quality assurance, and legal compliance purposes;
- Operate and manage IT and communications systems and facilities, allocate company assets and human resources, and undertake strategic planning and project management;
- Obtain legal advice and establish, exercise or defend legal rights, and act on collection and discovery requests in the context of litigation, government investigations or regulatory audits or inquiries; and
- Comply with law, legal process, investigations, internal policies and other requirements such as income tax deductions, monitoring, record-keeping and reporting obligations.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice to California Employees at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice to California Employees, we will post the updated notice on this webpage with a new “Last Updated” date.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04