Director of Government Affairs & Advocacy
Started in 2016, FreedomCare is a Healthcare company that is innovating and revolutionizing the way home care is delivered. We bring dignity and support to patients needing care in their homes and to the caregivers who care for them. We’re the largest consumer-directed home care agency in NY State, and are continually expanding our areas of focus including operations in other states and tech-based innovations.
We pride ourselves on our values which drive the level of care that we deliver to our patients:
- Here For You (An attitude of service, empathy, and availability)
- Own It (Drive and ownership)
- Do the Right Thing (High integrity)
- Be Positive (Great attitude and a can-do positive approach to challenges)
Department & Position Overview:
The Director of Government Affairs & Advocacy will create and drive FreedomCare’s government relations strategy at state and federal levels. This role will lead the charge on creating region specific strategies that align with FreedomCare’s overall government affairs, advocacy and public relations plans. In this exciting opportunity you will be the face and voice of FreedomCare among state and federal government officials. You will drive messages that will change healthcare and positively impact over 10,000 lives!
Everyday You Will:
- Develop and execute comprehensive state and federal level government relations strategic plans
- Establish new and strengthen existing legislative and political association relationships
- Analyze positions of government and industry officials to determine key players on assigned health care legislative issues; engage with elected officials to discuss healthcare related public policy and legislation
- Partner with and manage external lobbying teams across multiple states to lead patient advocacy efforts
- Leverage and manage industry association relationships to advocate public policy issues to protect and benefit our patients and caregivers
- Monitor and review healthcare legislation and regulations; analyze state legislative and policy proposals and make recommendations to key internal stakeholders on FreedomCare’s advocacy approach
- Proactively collaborate across the organization with internal business functions and leads efforts to identify any public policy concerns that will impact internal policies or will need potential advocacy efforts
- Act as main point of contact for associations, community organizations and elected officials on behalf of FreedomCare
External Communication Strategy
- In partnership with the leadership team, develop and implement regional and national communication strategy
- Establish and manage media strategy and relationships; enhance FreedomCare’s external communications across multiple platforms
- Lead external communication initiatives that support company strategic messages and build brand awareness
- Attend and represent FreedomCare at conferences, meetings, special events, public hearings, etc.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- 10+ years as an effective healthcare lobbyist or experience in a healthcare government relations role
- Extensive experience and understanding of New York state public policy and state legislative process
- Experience working with patient advocacy issues and/or healthcare related issues
- Ability to accurately identify, analyze, and communicate legislative and policy issues
- Ability to identify and build strategic relationships with key policy makers and other stakeholders
- Built a network of local and state government officials
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Solution-centric, creative thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude
- A strong passion for helping others and ensuring the voice of the unheard is heard
- Positive, compassionate and empathetic
This is a remote role that will include some travel throughout New York state as well as other parts of the country. Our main offices are in Manhattan, NY and Lake Success, NY.
Why work at FreedomCare?
We are here for you and committed to providing a best-in-class employee experience. We offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, retirement plans, wellness programs, fun company events and ongoing learning opportunities to grow your career.
This is a place where your voice matters, where we build great relationships, and your work has meaning and a tangible positive impact on others!
At FreedomCare, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-13