Director, Government Affairs (Health)
The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading strategic communications and government relations firm, is seeking an experienced government relations professional to join the firm’s Health & Wellness practice. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Serve as day-to-day, client-facing lead on a diverse roster of health accounts.
- Project management, including workplans, setting and meeting deadlines, and monitoring of account budgets and needs
- Craft and deliver persuasive strategic plans, messaging and collateral materials tailored for different audiences. The ability to simplify complex technical, legislative, regulatory, legal or other issues will be key
- Coordinate, manage, and attend congressional and administrative meetings on behalf of clients
- Maintain expert knowledge of evolving policy and political issues that impact the health sector
- Demonstrate strong client-relations skills – responsive, professional, helpful
- Contribute to firm’s new business process and efforts; research and author new business presentations, proposals and materials
- Work with other GPG divisions to deliver integrated services (from
- A BA/BS degree in a related field and 6-10 years of relevant experience, preferably health sector
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Congressional process and with key agencies and relationships on Capitol Hill
- Experience with developing and managing integrated communications campaigns, drawing from multiple disciplines including media relations, government relations, advertising, and public opinion research.
- Strong strategic thinker with understanding of how larger economic and public policy landscape impacts clients’ business and needs
- Experience and ambition for sourcing and/or successfully leading efforts to obtain new business
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication, teamwork and collegiality within a tight-knit team
Job posted: 2021-05-17