Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy
Director, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Reports to: SVP, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Through this newly created position, the successful candidate will support and advocate for the state’s 51 Community Health Centers who care for more than one million residents of the Commonwealth. Through this high visibility, high impact role, the Director will work to expand access to comprehensive, high-quality health care for some of the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable individuals and communities and work to advance the cause of health equity. The Director will support the design and execution of policy and program solutions across a range of public policy domains, drawing on their demonstrated experience, skills, education, and ability to develop trusted internal and external relationships. The Director will offer analysis of proposed policies and legislation, for League leadership and health center members. The position will also indirectly manage the League’s grassroots advocacy program, and staff the Boston Conference of Community Health Centers. The Director will represent the League as a registered lobbyist.
The Director will be a proven, mission-driven team player with the ability to operate independently in a face-paced environment, possess excellent judgement, strong attention to detail, stellar written and oral communication skills, and a high confidence level working with health center C-suite staff and government officials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Law Degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in health care or policy development.
- Prior experience in the State Legislature or relevant executive branch agencies strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification in a member/constituent context and an enthusiasm for working with health center members and peers to map operational challenges to needed policy changes.
Established in 1972, the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers (“League”) is a non-profit, statewide association representing and serving the needs of the state’s 52 community health center organizations, which provide primary and preventive care to some one million state residents through more than 300 sites across the Commonwealth. The League provides a wide range of technical assistance to its members and their communities, including:
- Analysis of state and federal health regulatory and policy issues affecting health centers.
- Workforce Development initiatives to recruit, retain, and develop a well-trained cadre of primary care providers, and for increasing educational and economic opportunities in communities served by health centers.
- Information Technology Development primarily focused on helping health centers expand their capacity for using data to improve efficiency and advance patient health.
- Management of and support for Clinical Quality Initiatives to improve and better integrate patient care.
- Training and Education for health center administrators, clinicians, and board members.
- Support to Expand Health Access through work with state leaders and local health and advocacy organizations seeking to open health centers in their communities.
- Information Dissemination about community-based health care to policymakers, opinion leaders, and the media.
The Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the people of Massachusetts, including populations most impacted by health inequities. We actively seek a diverse staff that is reflective of the community we serve.
It is the policy of the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
To Apply: Please use link below-
Job posted: 2020-10-09