Director, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Unity is looking for a superstar to lead our approach to government affairs and public policy. This role will be the first hire in our Government Affairs and Public Policy group and will help expand and develop the Company’s strategies for engaging with legislators and regulators across all levels of government and across geographies and with other third parties and industry groups. This role will collaborate across our executive, engineering, legal, business development and communications teams to effectively represent Unity and its technology externally and to drive key policy initiatives. This role reports to our Chief Legal Officer. Success in this role demands enthusiasm, a self-starter attitude, practicality, collaboration and communication excellence and a drive to build a scalable dynamic government affairs function.
- Lead the government affairs landscape at Unity by partnering with business, legal, engineering, marketing and other colleagues across Unity to advance Unity’s core public policy objectives with key governmental audiences and to drive strategy, structure, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of our government affairs programs globally
- Monitor and report on developments and trends specific to Unity’s identified public policy priorities which may include a variety of corporate and technology issues including, trade, cyber and data security, privacy, intellectual property, tax and artificial intelligence
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in government affairs, with a preference for those who have worked as a government affairs executive with a technology company or trade association, a Congressional staffer, or a public servant in a relevant government agency
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree in law, business or policy a plus
- Deep understanding of the legislative processes and key relationships with those in government roles
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership, organizational skills and execution of lobbying and policy implementation; Superior public speaking, written and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with a balance of policy expertise and business acumen and a bent towards execution, including the ability to understand, analyze and communicate complex business models, policy and legislative materials in a fast-paced environment
- Existing relationships or the ability to build a network at all levels of government and business, a gift for stakeholder management across organizations and levels
- Practical get-things-done disposition: Unity is a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dig in place—if you just want to opine without digging in, this may not be the place for you
- Curiosity, with a sense of humor: You are curious about Unity’s cool technology, our amazing developers and how to maximize the success of each and can appreciate the humor that comes with our exciting challenges
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters and stakeholders at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another under pressure
- May require some travel
- Familiarity with gaming, content-creation or advertising business drivers a plus
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-26