Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Affairs and Public Relations
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation. Take a look at what we do! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
The Director of Government Affairs and Public Relations will own and manage Crusoe’s relationships with government and regulatory bodies at the local, state, national, and international levels, and media/communications stakeholders. The Director will oversee Crusoe’s Government Relations, and Public Affairs/Communications functions and serve as “Head of Social Impact” for the company. This person will serve as a member of Crusoe’s Executive Team, report to the Founders, and work closely with the Business Development Team to advocate for Crusoe externally and to advance key priorities.
The Director, GAPR will engage with policymakers, regulators, influencers, and other stakeholders to facilitate education, information exchange, risk mitigation, and opportunity capture.
The Director will lead the broader GAPR function, which will include communications. The overall function will be responsible for publishing articles, press releases, and blogs that communicate Crusoe’s mission and environmental benefits.
The Director GAPR will also be responsible for external messaging alignment and consistency as members of the GAPR team will speak publicly on behalf of Crusoe at conferences, trade shows, and industry events.
- Work with Crusoe’s leadership to design and implement an overarching strategy to achieve appropriate goals with relevant government and regulatory bodies
- Liaise with regulatory and government bodies to form strong, trusting and productive relationships and garner support
- Bridge the gap between public affairs and sustainability by driving impact at the nexus of energy, tech, and finance
- Lead Crusoe’s PR strategy including vetting of inbound media inquiries, pursuit of “earned media” and development/implementation of long-term PR and media strategies in coordination with external PR and communications consultants
- Manage Crusoe’s external communications initiatives related to public/government affairs (in close coordination with the Executive Team)
- Work closely with Crusoe’s Business Development and Sustainability teams to lead strategies that expand Crusoe’s access to carbon credit markets and other emissions or sustainability-related economic opportunities
- Work closely with GC or external law firms to lobby for regulatory or legislative matters that may become relevant to Crusoe’s business and markets
- Identify and apply for appropriate funding and grant opportunities to the extent available
- Draft and publish materials to convey Crusoe’s mission and goals externally
- Represent Crusoe in policy dialogues and events
- Curate and manage high impact relationships at all levels of government (eNGOs, standards bodies, investors, etc.) that may be relevant to Crusoe
- 12 years of government affairs and public relations experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory landscape surrounding oil and gas, renewable energy, and cryptocurrency
- Strong relationships with government officials
- Experience drafting and editing bills, legal documents and similar professional documents
- Background in oil and gas or renewable energy
- Embody the company values
- Hybrid work schedule
- Industry competitive pay
- Stock options in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG – Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
- Stock options are included in all offers. Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Job posted: 2022-09-20