Director of Government Affairs and Public Sector Growth
CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization — driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We’re breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We’re based in New York City’s Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer, the Director of Government Affairs and Public Sector Growth is responsible for the planning, construction, and execution of business development and advocacy campaigns at the federal, state, and local levels that support the long-term growth of CreateMe’s business. Success in this role will be achieved through a combination of: increasing awareness of CreateMe with public policy officials, helping secure additional grant funding, and eventually securing government contracts.
As the Director of Government Affairs and Public Sector Growth, you will lead the advocacy and growth efforts of a unique enterprise driving the return of advanced apparel manufacturing jobs to the US. In this role, you will align business objectives and public policy to positively position CreateMe in the manufacturing and technology spaces, with a focus on the development of new advanced manufacturing facilities. By advancing a policy agenda that reflects the company’s contribution to jobs, economic revitalization, sustainability, and innovation, you will inform and influence policymakers and government stakeholders and achieve key legislative and regulatory objectives.
To drive near-term results, you will create and execute on the company framework to secure grants, incentives, and government contracts that directly contribute to business objectives. You will be responsible for leading, managing and evolving CreateMe’s capability to deliver winning proposals for grants and other economic incentives while working with external consultants and leaders across the enterprise.
- Develop partnerships with industry trade and non-government development groups to secure incentives and opportunities that are of mutual benefit, including any certifications and accreditations
- 10+ years of experience working in Public Sector-facing business development, communication, policy, advocacy, or similar roles
- Experience interfacing with multiple levels of agency and government (Federal, Agency, State, Municipal, NGOs, Trade Organizations etc.) decision makers
- Experience valued from either (i) government, (ii) external consulting/accounting/tax perspective, (iii) internal company initiative experience
- Familiarity with grant-making requirements and frameworks; experience driving application requirements to successful conclusion, both independently and in collaboration with third-party partners
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field of study
- Advanced degree or credentials in related fields, e.g. Master’s in Public Policy/Advocacy/Politics, CPA, JD, Tax LLM, etc.
- Experience managing sales pipeline, forecasting, and closing deals
- Domain experience in incentive and tax programs, in (i) apparel manufacturing; or (ii) advanced manufacturing; and experience in (iii) R&D, IP, innovation-based programs
- Established network of contacts, advisors, and consultants across the spectrum of disciplines to assist with understanding government mandates and requirements, and effectively partner with agencies/government on advanced manufacturing renewal programs and incentive and tax programs
- Experience in an agency or corporate advocacy/public relations role, related to some of the disciplines listed above
- An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch’n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22