Director, Government Affairs, State, Local & Education (SLED)
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice and protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These are not easy goals to accomplish – but we are not here for easy. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity.
This position will join a team of international peers on our Cybersecurity Strategy & Global Policy team. This position will report to a Senior Director located in Washington, DC. You will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts all policy and Government Affairs. The team is focused on engaging in the development and implementation of legislation, policies, regulations and programs aligned with the company’s strategic interests. We also build trusted relationships with government officials to create meaningful partnerships while expanding our global visibility and reputation as the global cybersecurity leader.
Government Affairs & Policy
- Coordinating and driving key strategic policy priorities, executive relationships, and GTM and policy business enablement functions at the State and Local levels.
- Build trusted relationships with Governors, State Legislatures and their staff, other appointed and elected officials (CIOs, CISOs, Policy Advisors),
- Working with the DC Policy team to align federal legislative efforts with potential use cases at the State and Local levels
- Identify opportunities for senior executive engagement across the State and Local market, to include opportunities for CEO, President, Public Sector and Policy team leadership.
- Collaborate with the Public Sector Marketing team to identify opportunities to influence partnerships at the strategic level. Also, you will need to build out the Slack community for State & Local Government Affairs to ensure broad reach across all sales, engineering, and other areas of the company needed to improve the overall success of the State and Local business.
- Perform monthly calls with District Managers and their teams to check in on progress against goals, identify new needs, and provide any course corrections
- Required monthly cadence with sales leadership on strategic plans, current impact, gaps, new opportunities to address
- Work with your reporting senior to manage budgets associated with trade associations, coalitions, and other partner organizations key to our success.
- Coordinating planning, evaluation, hiring, strategic management, and accountability of our external consultants at the State and Local levels renewing the deliverables and managing budgets annually for each firm
- Documenting the impact consultants have at the deal level in salesforce and rolling up the annual ROI assessments
- Responsibility for working with sales teams to evaluate the need for external consultants in a given area and managing those consultants and related deliverables
10 plus years in a similar role
Industry or Legislative/Government Affairs experience required
Cyber-policy experience required
Extraordinary Communication a must
Strong negotiation and deal making success should be in your wheelhouse
Feet on the ground in DC building and fostering relationships
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability.
If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-20