Director of Government Affairs and Strategy
Fortinet has initiated a search for a Director of Government Affairs and Cybersecurity Strategy to lead Fortinet’s Government Affairs strategy, priorities and execution, reporting to our Executive Vice President, General Counsel.
This person will develop and own Fortinet Government Affairs and educate key members of Fortinet’s team on the optimal Government Affairs priorities and strategy, and this person will build support based on a cost/benefit analysis, and lead execution for, Fortinet’s strategy around:
(1) building broad, longstanding positive relationships with key government representatives,
(2) collaborating with the Fortinet go-to-market team to help drive public sector business,
(3) policy stewardship related to cybersecurity and other areas of collaboration, and
(4) establishing a cooperative relationship between Fortinet’s security experts and government representatives such that Fortinet can help the government and be a trusted security advisor.
Define and build the program, ensure proper support, and drive it to contribute in meaningful, tangible ways to Fortinet’s results. Help ensure strong relations such that Fortinet security experts can help support and advise key government officials in the area of cybersecurity. Build effective, trusted and long-lasting relationships with key government representatives. Help lead proper relations with important industry coalitions/organizations. Set a cadence for a proper approach to productive meetings with government representatives and Fortinet executives. Work collaboratively with the Fortinet Federal team to develop and execute a strategy that supports and achieves their business goals and strategic objectives and drives incremental billings growth. Help define and lead Government Affairs priorities beyond the United States and beyond Federal.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish positive relationships with key officials.
· Five to seven plus years of relevant experience including related legislative and/or government affairs experience, and ideally experience with Cybersecurity solutions and policies in the U.S. federal agencies.
· High integrity and a good understanding of the ethical rules and laws applicable to Government Affairs.
· Good understanding of legislative processes, including the federal budget and appropriations processes, and ability to help train the sales team on these processes in a helpful way.
· Ability to define, lead and grow this function in an intelligent and strategic way.
· Proven ability to drive results that contribute in a meaningful way
· Passionate to contribute and a positive can-do attitude
· Organized and self-motivated, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Job posted: 2020-11-12