Director, Government Affairs (Toronto or Montreal based)
At Teva Canada, we believe that all Canadians deserve access to innovative and affordable medications. We develop, produce and market generic pharmaceuticals, from diabetic agents to antibiotics, from heart medications to cancer treatments. We’ve been part of Canadian healthcare since 1965, when we began operations as one of the country’s first generic pharmaceutical companies. Today, we employ over 1,500 Canadians. We invest in facilities in this country—creating generic and brand-name medications. And we’re proud to be part of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Worldwide, Teva is the leader in generics, one of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies, active in 60 countries and a workplace of choice for 46,000 dedicated employees.
Director, Government Affairs – Toronto or Montreal
The Government Affairs Director will develop and execute Teva’s advocacy efforts with Canadian policymakers and regulators to help shape the policy environment and marketplace. As one of Teva’s representatives before outside stakeholders, the director acts in full alignment with Government Affairs, Legal, Compliance and Commercial functions for both the Brand and Generics business units. The position will interact as appropriate with external government and trade association officials as well as other stakeholders on an as-needed basis in the sphere of pharmaceutical policy.
- Develop and articulate, in concert with policy experts and Teva leaders , the company’s impact, relevance and value proposition
- Position Teva with Canadian policymakers and represent Teva with decision makers and other health care stakeholders
- Responsible for development and execution of advocacy strategies and accountable for outcomes
- Identify critical opportunities and challenges in policy environment based on strategic business objectives and development
- Identify key decision-makers and influencers in policy and political space; ensure positioning, challenges and issues are communicated effectively.
- Ensure Government Affairs’ activities are timed and positioned with other functional areas within Teva to gain leverage, provide a cohesive voice, and ensure a smooth intersection of programs
- Work with the Extended organization team to leverage global footprint
- Work with Trade associations to leverage combined efforts
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline required; a graduate degree in business or public policy would be a strong asset
- 8+ years of successful professional experience in a similar role
- Must possess current in-depth, on-site career experience in government affairs and public policy in the context of healthcare and pharmaceuticals
- Strong policy writing skills
- A self-starter with strong organizational and administrative skills who is energized by policy analysis and development
- Strong management and diplomatic skills
- Exceptional market-focused business judgment, strong strategic analysis and project management skills are required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Results-driven, loyal, confidential and trustworthy, open and honest
- Must understand high ethical standards of the Pharmaceutical industry and be strongly committed to the mission and goals of the Company
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel within Canada (up to 40%)
- Bilingual (English & French) is an asset
VP, General Counsel
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on “Employee Central”. By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Job posted: 2020-04-29