Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Affairs (Transportation/Supply Chain)
Provide general administrative, legislative, and political support to the government affairs department. Specifically, manage and support government affairs responsibilities on supply chain and transportation issues that impact the retail industry in the legislative and executive branches.
WHO WE ARE
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the US trade association for leading retailers. Through collaboration and thought leadership, we provide retail executives a forum to network, share best practices, advance ideas and take action.
Equally as important, RILA values a work environment where employees can thrive. We rely on teamwork, respect, trust and transparency, flexibility, and commitment to serve ourselves and our members well.
- Co-lead federal transportation legislative efforts and work collaboratively with RILA’s retail operations department on transportation and supply chain related advocacy and special projects.
- Manage and support government affairs responsibilities on transportation and supply chain issues with members of Congress and before key congressional committees in the U.S. House and Senate.
- Engage directly with Department of Transportation, Department of Commerce, and other key agencies on critical issues pertaining to supply chain policies.
- Provide support and administrative assistance for other public policy areas as needed throughout the year for the government affairs department.
- Regularly monitor and notify department of congressional and executive branch schedules for activities of interest in the transportation and supply chain portfolio.
- Regularly draft and send emails, updates, and correspondences for RILA committee members and schedule meetings and conference calls with member companies.
- Maintain department databases, distribution lists, schedules, and key documents (issue briefs, position papers, etc.).
- Provide legislative and political research assistance as directed, including drafting newsletter articles and comment letters.
- Administrative support for relevant committees and work groups and any relevant committee meetings, to include meeting logistics, reserving meeting space, prepping, and sending invitations and day of event execution.
- Assist department with writing and reporting responsibilities (i.e., proofreading, editing, dissemination of reports and articles, newsletters, Board documents, etc.).
- Attend key RILA conferences on supply chain and transportation issues.
- Keep up to date and stay educated on current RILA issues.
Required Skills & Experience
· Demonstrated experience working on public policy advocacy and with committee/work group relations. Knowledge of associations and specific issue areas preferred.
· High-quality written and verbal communication skills.
· A high level of professionalism, including the ability to work with executives from member companies, association partners, and RILA staff at all levels.
· Strong operational skills, with the ability to effectively work both collaboratively with our team and independently.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, without compromising quality of work.
· Strong decision-making ability.
· Attention to detail.
· Flexibility and willingness to change and adapt with the fast-paced retail industry.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (FSA/HSA options available)
· Employer sponsored Life Insurance, STD and LTD Coverage
· 401 (K) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
· Flexible Paid Time Off + 11 Federal holidays
· Professional development opportunities
· Team outings/gatherings
RILA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
The safety and wellbeing of our team members is the highest priority for RILA. The organization is currently temporarily working 100% remote, so interviewing and onboarding for this position could be conducted virtually or hybrid.
To be considered for the position, you will need to submit two documents – a resume and a statement of interest. The statement of interest, or introductory letter, (<1 page) should tell us about you and why you’re applying. We look forward to learning more about you.
Job posted: 2022-04-19