Director of Government Affairs, West Coast (E-Mobility)
ROUSH CleanTech, the latest company within the Roush family, focuses on innovations in the advanced clean transportation industry. Bringing over 40 years of automotive expertise to the mobility marketplace, ROUSH CleanTech’s portfolio of transportation energy solutions includes propane, natural gas, electric propulsion systems for school and transit buses and medium-duty commercial trucks. Development capabilities also include connected, autonomous and fuel cell electric vehicle engineering solutions and fleet management software. By designing, engineering, manufacturing and assembling quality advanced vehicle systems, ROUSH CleanTech offers a seamless operational experience while lowering a vehicle’s environmental impact and a fleet’s operating costs.
Major disruptions in the mobility space are forcing regulatory agencies and policy makers to change the way they manage, regulate and incentivize transportation systems. With the passage of California’s Advanced Clean Truck (ACT) rule and Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-79-20, both of which mandate zero-emissions vehicles, there is a very clear trajectory of the electric vehicle market that aligns with ROUSH CleanTech’s long-term business plan. The mobility and decarbonization debates happening at the local, state and national levels, are changing the way companies are developing products and services. Given the breadth and depth of Roush’s engineering services and product development experience and innovation being in Roush’s DNA, it’s an exciting time to join the Roush family and help influence the history of transportation innovation.
The Director of Government Affairs is responsible for driving policy change and developing external affairs and funding strategies as they relate to Roush’s E-Mobility business activities. This west coast focus of the role will entail managing California’s and other key western states’ legislative, regulatory, policy and funding efforts. The Director of Government Affairs is also expected to provide thought leadership and help shape the strategic direction of Roush CleanTech while delivering business results for Roush Enterprise. This is a remote, home-office based position based in California.
- Developing a thorough understanding of legislative, regulatory and funding policy activities affecting Roush’s ability to meet or exceed business objectives
- Enhancing Roush’s tracking, management and communication program of west coast policy and incentive related threats and opportunities
- Identifying policy and programmatic opportunities that Roush can pursue to further business goals
- Understanding the short- and long-term equipment needs of commercial and private fleets, and communicating that information to the Roush team for planning and development purposes
- Representing Roush and interacting with policymakers and key influencers at the state, regional and local levels in California and other key western states
- Representing Roush in a variety of forums including providing presentations or testimony at key meetings / hearings / conferences and related events related to Roush’s E-Mobility activities
- Providing thought leadership as it relates to Roush’s E-Mobility business and electric propulsion system development activities, and how market trends can impact Roush’s business outlook
- Interacting with all public and private companies and nonprofits that maximize potential to refine product and business development strategies
- Providing leadership on recruitment of new talent in order to grow E-Mobility team
- Providing direction on overall external affairs strategies and communicating key messages and strategic initiatives to stakeholders
- Participating with a cross-functional team across the Enterprise to plan, organize and manage grant development functions in order to maximize opportunities and revenues
- Developing winning teams through building of consensus surrounding product and service development goals aligned with ROUSH CleanTech’s long-term business plan
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience working in the transportation energy industry
- Experience working in the state of California and/or local regulatory/policy environments
- Robust relationships already established with CARB, CEC, air districts, etc.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in alternative fuels/advanced vehicle industry
- Highly collaborative work-style and willingness to jump in to solve business problems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate in both a verbal and written setting
- Ability to lead, manage and grow a team
- Ability to work from home
- Must be willing to travel (mostly within California)
- Experience working with OEM or Tier 1 supplier influencing product development/go-to market strategy preferred
- Experience developing corporate E-Mobility business strategies and partnerships
- Experience developing R&D and pre-commercialization funding partnerships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ability to create, proof and publish reports and create presentations
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Job posted: 2020-11-13