Director Government & Community Affairs
Responsible for regulatory, franchising and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Develops and implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management. Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities. Directs and leads staff and project teams consisting of managers, professional and non-exempt employees.Job Description
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
- Organizes and directs all franchise renewal efforts in the assigned area, including developing and implementing franchise renewal strategies consistent with corporate guidelines; secures timely franchise renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of local franchise administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery of franchise renewal notifications.
- Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise transfers and franchise non-compliance issues, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state and local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
- Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Provides leadership and supervision to Government and Regulatory staff including staffing, performance management, compensation administration, office management etc.
- Identifies and implements strategic partnerships to help drive business goals
- Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-21