Director of Government and External Affairs
The Director, Government and External Affairs position will lead the development of policies, strategies, and platforms for engagement, action plans and external messaging for external partners and stakeholders. In collaboration with other key internal partners, this position is responsible for fostering strategic partnerships, and expanding relationships with policy makers, industry leaders, community leaders, members, providers and other influencers and stakeholders.
- In coordination with key internal stakeholders, develop and implement CBH’s government affairs strategy covering federal and state departments and agencies, policy makers, and regulatory bodies.
- Maintain an understanding of state- and federal-level behavioral health policy and oversight entities, and how they impact local policy, regulations, and industry trends/initiatives
- Maintain a thorough understanding of legislative and regulatory processes, and awareness of the political, legislative, and regulatory landscape affecting CBH’s goals.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with government officials, state policymakers, and their staff, community leaders, advocacy groups, external organizations, and stakeholders to advance understanding of CBH and its policy goals.
- Provide technical assistance to CBH leadership and staff on government relations issues.
- Identify and access existing influential networks and form new networks and coalitions that will accelerate achievement of CBH’s goals.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in political science, social work, public policy, health/ public administration or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- License/Certification: N/A
- Relevant Work Experience: 8-10 years of professional experience in government relations and/or external affairs required.
- Expertise in political, legislative, and regulatory matters at the state or federal level.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with members of the legislature, administration and other government and community leaders.
- Familiarity with Medicaid or other healthcare funding streams.
- High degree of personal initiative as well as ability to work in partnership with others.
- Skills: Must possess strong research and analytical skills, as well as excellent written & oral communications skills.
- Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment with insight and perspective.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-09