Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Government Partnerships and Public Policy
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
As the Director of Government Partnerships and Public Policy, EMEA you will be working closely with sales, marketing, and editorial colleagues to lead, manage, and coordinate Wiley’s government affairs activities in EMEA across all business segments. “Government Partnerships” include government ministries and agencies (e.g., European Commission Directorate “Research and Innovation”, Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education & Research, UK Research & Innovation); research institutions and universities; NGOs and relevant state-affiliated entities engaged in policy development and funding in scientific research; higher education and training and workforce development entities.
How you will make an impact:
- Contribute to developing key sales and marketing strategies to promote Wiley as a partner to increase market share, and to work towards significant growth.
- Proactively build and then nurture a network of trusted relationships with target stakeholders to position Wiley for strategic opportunities and influence the policy agenda at both government and institutional levels as it is developed and implemented.
- Enhance Wiley’s profile as regional and global thought leader and credible partner to governments, academic leadership communities, and with other stakeholders in our Research and Education ecosystems.
- Monitor policy developments relating to scientific research, higher education, and workforce development, in particular Open Access and Open Science, research funding, higher education management, publishing industry regulation and intellectual property, as well as developments in areas digital services, privacy, etc.
- Report regularly on developments to colleagues (including regional Leadership Teams and Business Unit Leadership teams) and facilitate appropriate action by the company. With colleagues, communicate government and academic affairs activities and developments to partners.
- Represent Wiley at industry meetings, coordinating with representatives of other companies, mobilizing support, networking, influencing, and persuading.
What we look for:
- 10+ years of experience in government and public policy roles.
- Existing network of government and institutional relationships. Ability to identify and proactively seek out new networks that will be advantageous to the company.
- Ability to simultaneously manage and appropriately prioritize short, medium, and long-term strategic goals for a diversity of business interests.
- Ability to work collegiality and courteously across internal, global, and cross-industry teams.
- Willingness to learn about different or new areas of our business as markets evolve.
- Effective communication (including public speaking) skills.
- English and German Bilingual – Required.
- Located in Germany- Required.
- Ability to commute into office on occassion and willingness to travel when needed.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-13