Director Government & Regulatory Affairs
Responsible for regulatory, franchising, and public policy matters for principally for central and western Pennsylvania.Develops and implements local legislative
strategies, monitors local legislation, and supports advocacy initiatives. Directs and leads staff and project teams consisting of
managers, professional, and non-exempt employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
– Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
– Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
– Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
– Drive results and growth
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
– Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our
– Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public
policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local
regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating
authority for the company.
– A proven track record of managing compliance programs, coordinating both routine and complex negotiations, and a reputation for getting things done is highly desired.
– Organizes and directs all franchise renewal efforts in the assigned
area, including developing and implementing franchise renewal strategies
consistent with corporate guidelines; drafting documents, amendments and responses, and securing timely franchise renewals on acceptable terms; oversees the maintenance of local franchise
administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery
of franchise renewal notifications.
– Utilizes strong negotiation and management skills to influence high level stakeholders,
– Manages successful franchise renewals and serves as a trusted advisor of government and community affairs to all Comcast business.
– Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise
transfers, and franchise non-compliance issues, as required.
– Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives
and regulators principally at the local level. Travels to attend
meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
– Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement
strategies or initiatives.
– Provides leadership and supervision to Government and Regulatory staff
including staffing, performance management, compensation
administration, office management, etc.).
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent; advanced degree or Juris Doctor degree is preferred
– Public or private sector government affairs or public relations experience at the municipal or state level
– Generally requires 10+ years experience
– Experience representing or working with regulated industries, before local legislative bodies or administrative agencies; municipal permitting, procurement or policy experience highly preferred
Job posted: 2018-07-14