Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs
Founded in 2010, CLEAR’s mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 12+ million members and hundreds of partners across the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you – making everyday experiences easier, more secure, and more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right.
CLEAR is looking for a Director of Federal Government and Regulatory affairs who is accountable for developing and executing strategies to proactively respond to federal policymakers to maintain the company’s positive image and ensure an optimal operating environment. This role promotes and advocates at the federal level to shape and advance company interests. The position remains knowledgeable of legislation, ordinances and regulations and responds to emerging issues to remove barriers that impede business growth and achievement of company goals.
What You Will Do:
- Represent CLEAR before the U.S Congress and key US federal agencies, focused primarily on promoting pro-technology, pro-business policy initiatives.
- Develop and execute on a government affairs strategy for CLEAR
- Lead political activities strategy
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with agency and Hill staff as appropriate
- Work with internal partners, including scientific affairs, community relations, communications and strategic finance on key issues.
- Advocate for CLEAR’S positions on legislative and regulatory issues with legislators, agency staff, and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the research and analysis of legislative and regulatory issues related to biometrics.
- Develop and maintain accurate, updated information on federal government regulations affecting biometrics
- Manage or support special projects and task forces to further CLEAR’S advocacy efforts.
- Provide support as needed to fulfill CLEAR’s overall program objectives
Who You Are:
- Must have at least 7+ years of significant Capitol Hill, political campaign, federal and/or state government and/or issue advocacy experience.
- Candidates should have a commanding knowledge of key policy areas and key figures in Washington, exhibiting broad understanding of Washington, leading trends and changes in advocacy, and political and regulatory landscapes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and the ability to respond to member needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as great listening skills
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude, work independently and operate in an open and fluid environment
- Experience working in fast-paced, startup/growth stage companies
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-05