Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs
WHO WE ARE
Responsible for regulatory, franchising and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Develops and implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management. Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities. Directs and leads staff and project teams consisting of managers, professional and non-exempt employees.Job Description
- Main point of contact for the External Affairs team in assigned geographic area and is responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining relationships on behalf of the company with elected officials, business leaders and community influencers in those specific locations.
- Organizes and directs all franchise renewal efforts in the assigned area, including developing and implementing franchise renewal strategies consistent with corporate guidelines; secures timely franchise renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of local franchise administration and database information; resolves complex franchise related issues and ensures the timely delivery of franchise renewal notifications.
- Partners with other Regional engineering and construction teams to support pole attachment renewal efforts, including developing and implementing renewal strategies consistent with corporate guidelines; secures timely renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of pole attachment administration and database information; resolves complex pole attachment related.
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for assigned geographic area. Executes strategies to remove, limit or avoid statutory, regulatory or competitive barriers that hinder company efforts to deliver the best customer experience through network enhancements, launch of new products and services and market expansion.
- Partners with other Regional teams to support growth strategies and expansion activities and creates opportunities for market expansion, and specifically, subsidized rural broadband deployment, by working with state and local governments through effective responses to RFIs/RFPs; develops and executes expansion-related stakeholder engagement plans.
- Assists the Regional External Affairs team in the development, delivery and amplification of key strategic initiatives for Comcast’s digital equity, community impact and external communications strategies.
- Monitors local regulatory and municipal activity and advises senior management on potential impact and necessary compliance actions; manages outside counsel, consultants, and/or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Oversees government affairs outreach strategies related to corporate initiatives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as well as travel to attend meetings, hearings, conferences, or other events to represent the company, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-18