Director, Government Relations #1395
We are seeking a talented individual for a Director of Government Relations who develops and implements strategic government relations agenda to identify and respond to opportunities and risks by managing lobbyists and/or internal staff, engaging with corporate strategy, and representing Navitus Health Solutions (“Navitus”) with external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the creation of policies and procedures, and position statements that promote and advance the business development goals of Navitus in the legislative, regulatory and procurement arenas.
- Responsible for independent analysis of the impact of health policy on Navitus business including the identification of opportunities and risks; and communicating those items to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Corporate strategic planning sessions, when assigned.
- Responsible for participating in internal and external speaking engagements as needed.
- Act as a corporate liaison to industry groups and other stakeholders.
- Ensure effective use of corporate investments in industry associations.
- Responsible for leading and managing Government Relations related thought leadership initiatives.
- Build brand awareness and develop relationships with stakeholders through advocacy, lobbying efforts, conference participation, and other like activities.
- Assist the Business Units with business development sales efforts, especially with governmental entities, resulting in measurable revenue impact.
- Coordinate activities across states and between state and federal governments.
- Responsible for hiring, training and monitoring lobbyists as approved, when needed.
- Responsible for managing or mentoring internal GR staff, if applicable.
- Independently represents Navitus at events and conferences.
- Participate in proposal strategy and may lead proposal teams to include coordinating work effort, following through, and meeting deadlines.
- Responsible for planning and budgeting of the Government Relations program.
- Performs other related functions as assigned or required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-20