Director, Government Relations #20-6171
Represents the organization publicly to advance HMSA’s government relations strategies with state and federal legislative and regulatory entities. The Director will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing government relations strategies and activities to promote HMSA’s objectives.
- Develop, coordinate and implement government relations strategies and activities to promote HMSA’s objectives. Actively serve as a primary advocate for HMSA’s public positions with state legislative, government and regulatory agencies. Publicly testify/speak before legislative and government bodies. Build and expand relationships with public officials and policy stakeholders at the federal, state and local levels.
- Collaborate with HMSA’s executive and leadership team to develop HMSA’s government relations strategies. Draft, analyze and present testimony/legislative language/regulatory proposals for executive analysis and external thought leader audiences.
- Manage Government Relations team to include hiring, daily supervision, performance feedback and monitoring, training, and budgeting.
- Develop and implement educational opportunities on health care policy initiatives for stakeholder audiences to include legislator/government officials, business/community leaders, and HMSA staff.
- Manage HMSA’s Employee Political Action Committee contribution strategies and regulatory efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years of legislative/government relations experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Three years of supervisory or management experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Computer skills/knowedge:
- Microsoft Excel – Basic level
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
- Email – Advanced level
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary or assigned.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-01