Director Of Government Relations
This is an exciting opportunity to build a government relations function from the ground up and to be a part of a critical time in our company’s history as we spin off to be an independent, standalone public company. The Director of Government Relations will be instrumental in shaping our government relations strategies as we transition from subsidiary to stand alone and from an industrial to an increasingly digital company. This individual will be the key leader helping the organization anticipate how key government interventions can help the company thrive in the face of these changes. This is a highly visible role within a very global organization. We are in a time of transformation, investing heavily in digital technology and focused on driving new service and equipment growth. This role will play a key part in driving that strategy forward.
The Director, Government Relations will manage Otis’ advocacy and political activity directed at U.S. federal, state and local governments, as well as foreign governments and international governmental organizations. The successful candidate also will serve as the key advisor to the General Counsel on all legislative matters of material consequence.
Key Accountabilities include:
· Work with the corporation’s Executive Committee to develop an integrated legislative and regulatory strategy to advance Otis’ business objectives
· Manage risks to the reputation and brand through effective government relationships
· Conduct research, monitor legislation and track happenings within the government that could affect the organization
· Promote legislative efforts that are beneficial to Otis
· Meet regularly with federal, state and local elected and government officials and lobbyists
· Update senior leadership on relevant current and proposed laws and regulations
· Establish a network of external resources to manage key issues in the best interest of the company
· Determine when issues need attention and hire external firms to manage specific outcomes
· Oversee the work of external firms and ensure completion of job scopes
· Manage government compliance and qualification of lobbyists
· Manage the Otis Corporation Political Action Committee
· In coordination with Otis Corporate, Legal, Human Resources and Finance, direct the state incentive program
· Work with the Communications Department in using social media to advocate for policy in support of Otis business objectives
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Government Relations and be a change agent with an ability to build and lead a brand new function. This executive will be an accomplished leader that has proven record of success and impact within a significant sized organization. This leader will serve as a trusted advisor and thought partner to our business and corporate leaders.
· Undergraduate degree in business; related graduate degree or professional certification is preferred.
· The incumbent should also have 5+ years of professional government relations experience.
· Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, plan, organize and carry out multiple assignments to achieve multiple objectives under tight deadlines
· Federal Government experience is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issue policy and politics and translate strategy into action.
· Must possess strong communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels, both internal and external to Otis.
· Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-10-02