National Marine Manufacturers Association
The National Marine Manufacturers Association is seeking a Director of Government Relations for our Government Relations and Advocacy department with offices on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. The NMMA is the principal trade association in the U.S. and Canada for the manufacturers of recreational boats and marine products.
The Director’s objective: Support NMMA’s public policy priorities on behalf of the recreational boating industry, including issues involving federal legislation, appropriations and regulations. Responsibilities include advocacy of key association and industry positions primarily at the federal level; representation with related interest groups and legislative bodies; associated research, reporting and support functions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong ongoing relationships with key Congressional staff, related federal agencies, as well as key stakeholders and industry partners.
- Aid in design and implementation of strategies to address industry issues, draft position papers, and advocate positions to legislators and related interests.
- Analyze, monitor and respond to federal legislative and regulatory matters.
- Draft testimony, letters, legislative analysis, talking points, and advocacy materials for distribution to membership and key stakeholders.
- Represent industry interests at conferences, meetings and on coalitions.
- Respond to membership requests for legislative information, including preparation of government relations office membership publications and reference materials.
- Assist in planning and execution of annual industry fly-in, including developing policy positions, securing speakers, and organizing Capitol Hill meetings.
the Director of Government Relations must possess: Thorough knowledge of federal legislative and regulatory processes; previous legislative or policy experience, including work on Capitol Hill, within the government relations office of a private or public company, or within a trade association; proven excellent speaking and writing skills, experience with planning and executing projects with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in fast-paced environment, often under stringent deadlines.
The Director of Government Relations should hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience on Capitol Hill, with Federal or State government or the equivalent.
As a member of this team, the Director of Government Relations will receive a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, and a great location in the heart of Capitol Hill. If you are a confident, problem solver with energy and enthusiasm for navigating our government on behalf of American businesses and boaters relations, we want you to come aboard!
Job Posted: February 25, 2017