On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The position sits within the company’s government affairs organization. Government Affairs is responsible for advocating the company’s public policy positions with members of Congress and White House officials, federal agencies, state, local and provincial governments and governments abroad.
Represents the company before the U.S Congress and key US federal agencies, focused primarily on securing federal funding in support of key government procurement projects. Assists with the development and implementation of legislative tactics and strategies on budget and appropriations issues. Analyzes appropriations legislation of importance to the company and advocates in support of programs that align with company priorities. Works closely with the company’s Federal Markets team on specific customer projects, and drives Congressionally-focused business development activity and strategic funding activity.
- Minimum 5+ years of appropriations experience on capitol hill and/or with federal government entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have substantial knowledge and experience in developing and advancing legislative appropriations issues, agency budgets, international aid, and grant programs for state and local governments, as well as developing strategic plans concerning these issues.
- Strong collaborative, teaming and interpersonal skills, and behaviors are necessary to work with all levels across the business. At same time, must be a self-starter who shows initiative.
- The ability to synthesize and summarize appropriations issues and implications for management is required.
- A seasoned professional who can resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Direct appropriations experience preferred, including thorough knowledge of the federal budgeting process, and intricacies of appropriations legislation and committee processes.
- Strategic planning skills necessary, in addition, experience with consultant management is helpful.
- Excellent written and oral skills required.
Job Posted: April 8, 2017