Director of Government Relations
William Hill US, America’s leading sports book provider, is looking for a Head of Government Relations to help steer business prioritization and expansion into new jurisdictions. Reporting to the VP of Strategy and Business Development, you will live and breath all things public policy with an enthusiasm that is unparalleled. Your work in developing the organization’s government relations strategy will ensure that we continue to be the leader in this rapidly growing industry.
If you’ve read this far, something must have piqued your interest. Have a deeper look at what you’ll be doing here at William Hill US!
What You Will Do:
- Implements, directs, and executes William Hill’s government relations strategy with current and new jurisdictions, including Tribal jurisdictions
- Build, manage, and maintain external relationships with key stakeholders such as policymakers, lobbyists, outside counsel, regulators, and industry allies
- Research, analyze, and present regulatory policies and opportunities to senior leadership, including the CEO, President of Digital, VP of Strategy and Business Development, and the General Counsel
- Drive the company’s response strategy to regulators and/or policymakers
- Serve as an ambassador at external events such as industry-related conferences, state and federal hearings, etc.
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the US business to ensure each department is aware of regulations and opportunities to influence
- Monitor and stay updated on new laws, existing and new regulations, and amendments to existing laws/regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Additional duties as assigned
Sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or related field
- 7 or more years of experience working in a related field
- Extensive network of relationships and proven ability to work with elected officials and senior level staff at the local, state, and federal level
- Solid presentation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be a self-starter as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail is your middle name
- Understanding of how to analyze, report, and communicate public policy
- Able to travel for business when necessary
- Successfully pass a drug screen, background check, and able to obtain gaming license(s) as needed
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to type and talk on the phone for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance in the office
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18