Director of Government Relations
AMAROK (formerly known as Electric Guard Dog) is the Nation’s leader in the commercial and industrial security industry. Our award winning, multi-layered security system relentlessly and reliably stops theft and other criminal activity by guarding our customers’ property and assets 24/7. AMAROK is active in 48 states as well as Canada with more than 4,000 commercial and industrial locations. We are driven by our core values and strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our career opportunities.
The Director of Government Relations is responsible for meeting with personnel from municipalities to obtain permission to install AMAROK’s security products. The Director of Government Relations will educate and advocate for AMAROK’s product before private and public audiences ranging from local to state official’s as well as committees, councils and boards in an effective and persuasive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In-person visits to municipalities to obtain approval for the Company’s products/services to include meeting with permitting clerks at the counter
- Coordinate with other compliance team members to meet goals of the compliance department and to ensure appropriate tactics are utilized to gain sought approval
- Aggressively follow-up on permitting, installation and inspection activities to confirm that commitments to municipalities are met and customers are fully able to utilize systems
- Interfacing with customers and their representatives as needed to complete compliance processes
- Building rapport with AMAROK teammates to create clear and effective communication on activities
- Continuous education
The Director of Government Relations will be required to travel 90% of the time and must be comfortable speaking with various personnel in multiple settings.
- Previous and relevant working experience and bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a persuasive manner
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Short & Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Section 125)
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Career advancement
- Bonus opportunities
- Generous PTO
See what our employees have to say about working for AMAROK! https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/AMAROK-Reviews-E603124.htm
AMAROK is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02