Director Government Relations
What We’re Looking For
Directs HNTB’s government affairs activities and organization to achieve government affairs priorities established in the company strategic plan. Implements a defined process for interacting with key policy makers who influence funding and programs in the infrastructure and transportation industry. Assists and enables employees of all HNTB companies to establish and achieve government relations goals.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in a leadership position at a corporate government relations or advocacy organization
What You’ll Need
- Builds relationships with elected and appointed government officials and staff to promote the strategic plans of HNTB.
- Assists with the development of government relations strategies and tactics to achieve HNTB business objectives.
- Attends Government Relations functions to gain access and strengthen relationships with elected and appointed officials.
- Provides professional writing, research support and preparation of draft technical documents on relevant legislative issues as required.
- Collaborates in the development of HNTB messages to government officials, the press and public.
- Drafts legislative updates, fact sheets, newsletter articles, and testimony related to HNTB’s government relations priorities.
- Assists in establishing priorities for the use of the HNTB PAC and managing the expenditure of PAC funds.
- Assists local offices in the hiring and management of local government relations firms.
- Assists in government relations training of HNTB staff including best practices and legal/ethics compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years related experience working with elected officials or on political campaigns
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com/en/public/
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with HNTB Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-05