Director, Government Relations
Director, Government Relations
This position will foster relationships with government and business leaders while raising RTX’s profile and communicating the company’s strategic business interests. This position will lead the Defense government relations function for Raytheon Technologies Corporation and develop the strategic vision for RTX’s government relations programs in key states across the U.S.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership and management of a high performance team of government relations professionals that strengthen and expand relationships on Capitol Hill and the greater Washington D.C. political arena to advance the goals and priorities of the company, its business units, and its customers
- Serve as the Government Relations team integrator who provides a broad range of chief of staff duties for, to, and on behalf of the VP, Government Relations
- Provide guidance, direction, and support to represent the company’s position on budgetary, legislative and regulatory affairs before Members of Congress, their staffs, and congressional committees in Defense
- Engage, coordinate and integrate the utilization of outside consultants to promote mission success
- Attend hearings, conferences, meetings, and other special events in both Washington, D.C., and in Members’ districts and states, to represent the company as needed
- Engage with businesses to better understand their programs/products, the needs of internal customers, integrate the capabilities of Government Relations and participate and lead strategy sessions and operational reviews
- Monitor congressional activities in the area of defense policy and taking action, as/when appropriate, to ensure Raytheon corporate interests are protected and advanced
- Lead RTX’s Defense government relations efforts throughout the U.S. by identifying and supporting policymaking opportunities that advance the Corporation’s business objectives.
- Develop and execute creative legislative campaigns with state policymakers, leveraging RTX’s employee and operational presence to maximize influence in a particular state.
- Work with operating units as appropriate to build awareness, contacts, and working relationships between company personnel and public officials.
- Serve as a consultant and advisor to RTX’s senior leadership on matters involving decisions, which will affect the achievement of corporate goals.
- Advise senior corporate and BU leadership regarding market opportunities, strategic alliances, and regulatory issues that may affect the achievement of goals.
- Support RTX and BU business development initiatives including providing market intelligence, identifying and assessing opportunities
- Represent senior management to external audiences; Represent the corporation in government-business forums and organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key government customers/officials to identify opportunities of shared/aligned interest, shape requirements & influence regulations in support of RTX products
- Responsibilities for the completion of specific goals, objectives and tasks related to this position as assigned by cognizant management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12 plus years of relevant experience working with Members of Congress and their staffs, particularly those associated with the defense appropriations and authorization committees
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Master’s degree – business, political science, project management
- Leadership position in Congress as a Professional Staff lead, Chief of Staff, Legislative Director or Agency equivalent as a political appointee or senior executive
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performance teams in a highly matrixed organization and complex environment
- Broad career with significant exposure to corporate and political operating environments; experience promoting business development with the government at all levels.
- Established and trusted personal network within Congress, Administration, Department of Defense, Agencies, Associations, Think Tanks – the greater Washington D.C. political operational area
- Team player– collaborative
- Entrepreneurial operator – a self-starter able to utilize guidance and intent to create opportunities that advance the team and grow revenue.
- Excellent interpersonal skills –diplomatic in complex environments and able to advance goals
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with senior RTX management and government officials
- Demonstrated ability to influence/persuade stakeholders both inside the organization and out.
- Background or affiliation with the Department of Defense
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class..
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-24