Director, Government Relations
- Directly reports to the Vice President of Government Relations.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, proactive government affairs strategy that advances EOG’s business, regulatory and policy objectives with local and state government officials for the states of Texas and Oklahoma.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and cultivate key relationships with state and local government leaders, policymakers, regulatory agencies and district Congressional staff meeting with them on a regular basis to effectively represent the company position on issues, influence relevant policies and regulations and develop and enhance the reputation of EOG.
- Work in tandem with each respective EOG Division to identify and align education, advocacy, policy and regulatory priorities.
- Represent the company on regional, state and local oil and gas trade associations in Texas and Oklahoma. Lead and advance issues important to the operational goals and objectives of the Divisions.
- Monitor compliance and seek legal guidance where required on government ethics, lobbying and election laws related to the Texas and Oklahoma government relations activities.
- Communicate with EOG’s VP GR on newly adopted or anticipated laws and regulations impacting EOG operations and business activities.
- Support education and advocacy efforts by leading on-site location tours and other outreach opportunities, as appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and lead cross functional team efforts related to government relations activities.
- Support Congressional outreach and engagement, as directed by VP Government Relations.
- Provide consistent representation in adherence with EOG culture and values.
- 10+ years’ experience in government affairs, environmental science, law or public policy.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, science, law, communications, public policy or similar field preferred.
- Knowledge of oil and gas operations including land acquisition, drilling and completion operations, production operations, and permitting required.
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations required.
- Effective team leader and individual contributor with the ability to build consensus with staff within various EOG departments and disciplines to develop policies and positions on governmental issues important to the Texas and Oklahoma Divisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with local, state and federal government agencies and staff and through those relationships provide input on policy decisions, rulemaking, and other government functions.
- Ability to evaluate various government policies and the potential impacts on Division operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Good presentation skills for internal and external company presentations and communications.
- Must be able travel up to 40% dependent on legislative and issues activity levels.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-12