Director, Government Relations
The Director, US Government Relations will have strategic oversight of, and responsibility for working with SVP of Government Relations and Policy to craft and sustain Match Group’s US government relations operations. You will be responsible for the development and execution of government relations strategies and the day-to-day management of the government relations at the state and federal levels. This role entails the management of a network of government affairs consultants, advisors, industry associations and external lobbyists and political operatives. This position reports to Match Group’s SVP and Head of GR and Policy which is a subset of the Match Legal department. The position requires frequent interaction with the Match Group leadership team, and will be based in Washington, DC or Dallas, Texas.
This role requires significant experience with legislative bodies, other government and regulatory agencies, political affairs, public policy, management, and industry affairs.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- You will lead and develop internal government relations strategies and plans
- You will hire and manage external lobbying team and work with internal and external communications team
- You will manage industry and trade association memberships
- You will supervise external policy communications
- You will build and maintain political and industry relationships
- Yu will work seamlessly with the company’s Legal Leadership Team.
We Could Be A Match If:
- You have deep experience with the policymaking process in Washington, DC and state and local governments with a strong record of leading and delivering effective results
- You have proven management and leadership skills, including evidence of crafting and successfully executing significant public-policy campaigns
- You have outstanding judgment and critical thinking with the ability to assimilate various points of view in making strategic decisions about the direction of the company’s overall government affairs programs
- You have effective public speaking and presentation skills
- You have extensive public affairs experience, ideally with Capitol Hill or equivalent experience
- You have experience integrating public policy with business strategy
- You have experience managing lawyers, lobbyists, and other political professionals
Successful Individuals On This Team Are:
- Strong Executive Presence – Ability to interact effectively at the highest level of an organization and the savvy to communicate and synthesize complex issues crisply, clearly and convincingly
- Highly Networked – A skilled internal and external relationship builder, with the ability to construct and maintain strong networks of policy influence within industry and governing institutions
- Collaborative – A team player who works across boundaries to establish a shared vision and achieve shared goals with flexibility, dedication; Ability to build relationships, trust, and rapport quickly
- Commercially Adept – Possess an understanding of business strategy and commercial affairs, and an awareness of how policy debates translate into impact on a global business
- Strategic– Ability to focus on the big picture
- Diplomatic – Skilled in negotiating and navigating shifting coalitions with industry peers, within trade associations and other stakeholder groups
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12