Director of Government Relations
About our group:
Seagate’s Government Relations function sits squarely at the intersection of technology and policy. The team is engaged on some of the most critical and exciting policy issues related to our industry – trade, cybersecurity, data privacy, emerging technologies (e.g. AI, autonomous vehicles, smart cities, etc.), encryption, product circularity, public-private cooperation on advanced technology R&D (Research & Development), etc.
A position in the Government Relations team offers the opportunity to advise Seagate’s global leadership team and work with business partners on key strategic risks and opportunities presented by government policies and dynamic geopolitical developments. The Government Relations team is responsible for building relationships and partnerships with all levels of government stakeholders, and serving as primary Seagate liaison to key government agencies and relevant industry associations. The team is a fast-moving, entrepreneurial, and strategic group of GR professionals who work closely together to deliver value and make positive impact.
About the role – you will:
- Lead Seagate’s Government Relations (GR) function in the United States with responsibility for developing, leading, and executing Seagate’s overall U.S. Government Relations (GR) strategy at the federal and state/local level
- Build strong and effective relationships with government officials and engage other stakeholders within the policy ecosystem at all levels
- Advise Seagate’s leadership team on risks and opportunities stemming from policy and regulatory developments and government initiatives in the United States, and deliver recommendations on appropriate Seagate positions and responses
- Serve as Seagate’s lead representative to key industry groups, and manage external consultants
- Report to the Director of Global Government Relations
- In-depth knowledge of US federal policies, processes, and stakeholders related to technology and trade, and strong familiarity with global technology policy trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent, flexible, and entrepreneurial with a strong results-oriented outlook
- Strategic thinker comfortable developing innovative solutions for a diverse set of complex, cross-functional challenges and opportunities
Your experience includes:
- Deep policy background – in a government, trade association, consulting, corporation, NGO (Non-Governmental Organization), and/or other relevant organization(s).
- Experience managing/engaging external consultants, business associations, and other external resources
- Track record organizing and leading strategic policy and/or advocacy efforts in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-21