Director of Government Relations – 79550
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Director, US Government Relations
We are searching for a Director of Government Relations to represent AMD and our interests in Washington, D.C. This role will interact heavily with AMD senior executives, US Government officials, and other industry executives. It will include working with the CVP of US Government Relations in building our corporate government affairs strategy and policies to ensure alignment with government laws, regulations, and standards.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled relationship builder and communicator. Collaboration and the ability to influence is critical to success in this role. This individual should possess a high level of integrity, be motivated, self-driven and able to effectively manage complex situations.
- Assist in developing and implementing a US federal government affairs strategy and tactical plan that advance AMD’s priorities.
- Analyze, advise, and advocate AMD’s interests in select US government-related matters that affect AMD’s business, such as semiconductor industry policies, research programs, supply chain, security, and public sector sales
- Represent AMD with public officials, customers, trade association and industry bodies and other external audiences
- Work to foster AMD C-Suite relationships with US government officials
- Serve on global cross-functional teams that develop, implement, and achieve strategic corporate initiatives
- Represent AMD with various trade associations, think tanks, and other third-party entities
- Comply with the highest professional and ethical standards, as well as compliance with applicable laws and corporate policies
- Develop and present executive briefings to senior AMD executives providing updates on key government affairs issues and events
- Significant experience with US federal government agencies, information technology firms and other relevant organizations
- Successful track record of positive collaborative and influence while building strategic relationships with government bodies
- Experience in negotiation and lobbying
- Experience in the semiconductor or technology industry is preferred
- Advanced degree in law, public affairs, public administration, or a related discipline is a plus
- Familiarity with the U.S. Lobby Disclosure Act is preferred
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-07