Director Government Relations
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Director Government Relations is responsible for direct and indirect lobbying activities in support of Ansys’ Simulation Initiative to boost American innovation, competitiveness and producing the pipeline of high-quality, certified simulation professionals. Duties associated with these responsibilities include program management of contracted lobbyists, direct lobbying of Members of Congress, congressional staff and federal agencies, as well as understanding, mapping and targeting the funded Programs within the various Government Departments that simulation could positively impact. The Director will partner and collaborate with Ansys Senior Counsel to ensure Governmental compliance.
- Advocating Ansys’ interests through direct lobbying of Members of Congress, Congressional staff, and federal agencies
- Promote awareness of simulation capabilities to policymakers.
- Establish Ansys brand on Capitol Hill.
- Cultivate relationships with elected officials, their staff and allied organizations in support of Ansys’ simulation impact.
- Representing Ansys at various functions, and when required, making speeches and presentations.
- Program Management of Contracted Lobbyists
- Tracking and relaying information on emerging bills, policies, reports etc. to enhance situational awareness on Federally funded simulation opportunities.
- DoD Funded Programs
- Map of Multi-year Defense Programs
- Opportunity Analysis
- Establish strong working relationships with Ansys business units relative to federal actions that may impact their business.
- Works collaboratively with FA&D team and engages proactively in sales deal execution.
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Affairs, business or related field with 7+ years advocacy experience with proven track record of success in congressional, executive branch or trade association government relations OR 11+ years of experience and no degree.
- Prior experience as a lobbyist.
- Experience developing and implementing legislative campaigns and advocating policy positions to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment with tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of congressional and executive branch protocols and processes
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate complex concepts in a concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, projects, tasks, and information/requests.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience working with Internet applications.
- Must live in and/or around the Washington, DC area and have the ability to travel up to 50%.
- Capitol Hill experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in Microelectronics.
- Additional consideration given for Military and Congressional Experience.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-25