Director of Government Relations
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Overview: Director of Government Relations for Honeywell defense and space programs.
Primary Function: Supports government relations engagements for Honeywell military programs with the U.S. Department of Defense.
Reporting: Reports to Vice President, Government Relations. No subordinate reports.
Location: 101 Constitution Avenue, NW, Suite 50 West, Washington, DC 20001
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Government Relations – Serves as a Honeywell representative to Congress. Develops and executes advocacy and legislative campaigns to support business objectives.
- Political Action Committee – Serves as a lobbyist for the Honeywell International Political Action Committee. Represents Honeywell at political fundraisers. Supports employee recruitment activities.
- Legislative, Budget, and Policy Expert – Provides comprehensive insight into the legislative process. Understands the operations for the defense committees of jurisdiction. Disseminates analysis of relevant legislation to company stakeholders.
- Experience – Ten or more years working for a Member of Congress or as a professional staff member for the defense committees. Demonstrated knowledge of Air Force, space programs or acquisition policy is preferred, but not required. Associated experience will be considered in the following: trade associations, policy organizations, corporate government affairs and military legislative affairs.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree is required. Postgraduate degrees in business, political science, policy, engineering, international relations, law, or similar are preferred.
- Expertise – Extensive knowledge of Congressional operations, authorizations, and appropriations. Proven record of working with senior House and Senate leaders, political appointees, senior government officials, and high-ranking military leaders.
- Professional Skills – Strong verbal and written communications skills, competency in using Microsoft programs, and basic understanding of information technology is required.
PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIORS REQUIRED:
- Professionalism – Commitment to integrity, ethics, respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Expertise – Demonstrated tactical and strategic capabilities with sound policy judgment.
- Range – Ability to engage on multiple levels of Congress and Administration to achieve outcomes.
- Adaptability – Adjust to changing circumstances, including shifting political dynamics.
- Teamwork – Operate successfully within a small, highly-focused team.
- Drive – Self-starter that has curiosity to find the right approach or solution.
- Vision – Evaluate the status quo, identify opportunities, develop plans, and secure results.
- JOB ID: HRD142159
- Category: Legal
- Location: 101 Constitution Ave NW Ste 500W,Washington DC,District of Columbia,20001,United States
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-07