Director, Government Relations – Central
Lime is hiring a Director, Government Relations to support our growth and strategic government relations initiatives across the Central United States — with a particular focus on Texas.
In this role, you will be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, developing new partnerships with cities, and interfacing directly with state and city officials. You will join a team of visionaries seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach in a heavily outward facing and strategic role.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building partnerships with community and government stakeholders, and communicating the values of our service to regulators, the media, and other key constituencies. You will also be comfortable working in an environment with evolving goals and have an aptitude to overcome obstacles as they arise and the drive to get things done.
We are a remote first organization and will be accepting applications from across the Central United States. Our preferred location for this position is Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Build and execute new markets strategy and playbook, and collaborate with other Central Region team members in the effective execution of this work
- Spearhead the development and delivery of Lime’s public policy and advocacy agenda across the Central U.S, particularly in Texas
- In collaboration with cross-functional partners and senior leadership ensure alignment between business, policy, and community engagement goals
- Keep abreast of and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters across the region
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward the launch of new markets
- Continuously build and nurture relationships with government leaders, transit partners, businesses, organization and other prospective partners to carry out legislative strategy and strategic development at the state and local level
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission in transportation, health, and the environment to improve our community outreach initiatives
- Collaborate with Lime’s campaign, marketing, and communications teams
- Support the company’s work with strategic advisers and local consultants
- Bachelor’s degree or at least seven years related experience working in government affairs, campaigns, and/or community development in a government-related environment.
- People leadership experience highly preferred
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility is preferred
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts in cities throughout the region with the aptitude to develop and nurture new contacts required
- Experience developing successful state legislative strategies and/or campaigns
- Excellent English language communications skills and comfortability speaking in public are required
- Ability to comfortably work on multiple priorities at once while executing projects in a demanding environment
- An analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth
- Availability to travel at least 25% of the time depending on business needs (once things normalize)
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2021-10-13