Director of Government Relations-Dev (36343/36273)
HOW TO APPLY:
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY
Option 1: Complete this Online Application
Option 2: Quick Review > Email: email@example.com
- Subject Line: Open Position: DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
- Attach: Resume / Cover Letter and Writing Sample
NOTE: If job link does not work please visit our website for this & other positions >>> www.littlecity.org/careers/
The Director of Government Relations will primarily be responsible for effectively deepening Little City’s relationships with key government stakeholders. This role is responsible for working with staff, volunteers, coalitions, and partner organizations to build support for our policy issues and to integrate advocacy messaging into Little City’s programs and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list of essential duties and responsibilities, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the task to be performed. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein is such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
1. Strong presence necessary. Ability to deal effectively with high-profile stakeholders such as elected officials, executives and a variety of external constituencies; including ability to navigate the political landscape.
2. Builds and maintains relationships with Little City’s elected representatives at all levels. and their staffs.
3. Monitors, reviews, analyzes, and reports on legislative, budgetary, and/or program initiatives that have the potential to impact Little City’s mission.
4. Effectively vets and leads government affairs efforts to advocate on a regular basis for policy issues that impact Little City’s mission.
5. Maintains up-to-date advocacy plan and dashboard (MIC) of relationships with government and civic officials, including managing all revenue opportunities for the agency with each contact.
6. Monitors the Little City industry group in which we participate and keep a master list of all groups with whom we participate and regular review effectiveness.
7. Responsible for reporting to the CDO, ED, Board of Directors and the Leadership Team as needed, on the status of legislative activities and government relations.
8. Manage the annual budget for Government Relations.
9. Communicates effectively both internally and externally, navigating sensitive, complex political issues through oral and written media.
10. Gather and compile information to prepare briefing summaries, reports, blogs, articles for newsletters and other materials as necessary that pertain to bills, laws, and committee summaries as they pertain to Little City and the IDD sector.
11. Actively utilize and consistently update databases containing constituent records.
12. Successfully completes Little City Foundation required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Little City Foundation policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
13. Demonstrates integrity, collaboration, and stewardship.
14. Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Political Science, Business Administration, Law, or a related field required. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Outcome driven, with the ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities. Proficiency in working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, exercising good judgment in prioritization. Exceptional organization skills and experience with prospect research and pipeline management. Outstanding writing skills to craft compelling proposals and targeted, meaningful communications. Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in computer-based information systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to sitting for prolonged periods; frequently walks, stands, grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Extended use of computer and typing is required. The employee frequently is required to use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working and handling office equipment. The employee is subject to assist and support up to 25 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a reoccurring basis. The employee is required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate office equipment. No occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable diseases or other potentially infectious substances (Category I). Typical office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job posted: 2021-06-02