Director of Government Relations, DMV
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
You will lead Lime’s Government Affairs growth and strategy directives in D.C., Virginia, and Maryland and maintain positive relationships with governments in cities where Lime vehicles are deployed. You’ll also work directly with operations on growing the fleet size as well as entering markets Lime does not currently operate.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Public Policy and Government Affairs for the East Coast, and will be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, leading the company into new partnerships and cities, as well as interfacing directly with government leaders for successful market entries. A heavily outward facing and highly strategic role, you will join a team of visionary leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach. You will help the company advance the low-speed mobility regulatory environment and seek paths toward efficient and effective expansion by effectively communicating the values of our service and building relationships with industry stakeholders. You will oversee the public affairs manager and work as a team to achieve the above goals.
What You’ll Do
- Help us to build and execute our playbook of market strategies, while supervising the execution of effective grass roots efforts in rider support
- Develop the necessary relationships with government leaders, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to effectively carry out the government relations strategy
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern the strategic paths toward growth in your current markets
- Assist with limited Federal accuracy
- Assess and carry-out strategic partnerships for the company, particularly with city governments, transit authorities, local partners, and other significant institutions
- Collaborate with the Operations leadership teams across the region to develop a long term strategy, align on priorities and deliver on key metrics for each market
- Advance the company’s relationships with local government, trade, civic and business organizations to advance efforts and sustain efforts in new communities
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission in transportation, health, and the environment to improve community outreach initiatives
- Collaborate closely with marketing team on field marketing and local media activities
- Support company’s work with strategic advisers
- Lead, track, and advise local regulatory or legislative matters
- 10+ years management experience in government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment.
- Government affairs know-how and legislative experience.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to speak in public.
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Experience leading or working at a high level in government arenas, particularly city government.
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are an energetic personality who is not afraid of jumping in where needed.
- Focus to execute: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once.
- You are able to prioritize projects and execute under stress while maintaining long term strategic focus.
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Available to travel at least 50% of the time depending on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience working within, or working with, government and political campaign experience preferred.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-15