Director, Government Relations (Environment)
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI), the association that represents all U.S. investor-owned electric companies, has an outstanding opportunity for a Director, Government Relations.
The Director is responsible for advancing EEI’s policy priorities with Congress, the Administration, and other stakeholder groups on environmental issues, including those relating to the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Superfund, Toxic Substances Control Act, vegetation management, and wildfire mitigation, as well as coal, natural gas, and hydropower issues.
Will educate Congress, the Administration, and other key stakeholders about the electric power industry & promote EEI’s priorities on the relevant issues to obtain their support for EEI’s positions. Will also Develop & coordinate a comprehensive strategy to achieve the industry’s goals on the relevant issues that includes direct advocacy, communications, coalitions, and third-party advocacy. Work with other EEI groups to develop education materials on legislation & industry issues to be used by EEI staff, member companies, and allies; assist in drafting legislation, amendments and report language; draft letters to Congress and the Administration expressing EEI’s position on relevant issues; work with EEI staff in drafting testimony to congressional committees on behalf of EEI; assist in briefing EEI hearing witnesses. Will coordinate outreach strategy on these issues with various outside groups.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with a Member of Congress, congressional committee or the Administration, or as a lobbyist for an electric company or association.
- Hands-on experience with the federal legislative and political process and the ability to coordinate legislative activities.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Ability to read and understand legislative text.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communications skills.
Job posted: 2021-01-04