Director, Government Relations (Healthcare)
Role and Responsibilities
Serves as a strategic representative of CAE to stakeholders at the highest levels of the US Government, specifically including leaders within the Executive Office of the President; at the Departments of Health and Human Services, Education, and Labor; and within Congress. In particular, serves as CAE’s primary professional staff liaison to the political leaders at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and related agencies, and Congressional health committees (Members and staff). In addition, position serves as a strategic representative to Department of Defense medical community, and foreign officials and embassy personnel, as necessary to support healthcare business. Also, serves as a strategic representative to aerospace industry officials and trade associations. Strong, current, professional relationships with key stakeholders within the entities listed is a primary and daily duty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Business Development – leads, facilitates, supports, and executes business development strategies and campaigns
- Subject Matter Expertise – Domain knowledge – including strategic, budgetary, and policy expertise – of healthcare programs
- Strategic Planning – Develops, supports, and executes strategic plans for business development, communications, and advocacy
- Strategic Communications – Develops, supports, and executes strategic communications efforts to government, foreign, and industry stakeholders
- CAEPAC Management – Serves as a board representative on the CAE Political Action Committee (CAEPAC) oversight and management committee. Serves as an advocate and subject matter expert on CAEPAC. Serves as a CAEPAC representative internally to US-based Healthcare business leaders, and externally to CAEPAC recipients (including regularly attending CAEPAC events)
- State & Local Affairs – Serves as a representative to State and Local officials and stakeholders regarding CAE’s business units, as necessary
- Legislative, Budget, & Policy Analyst – Identifies, analyzes, and disseminates timely and thorough analysis of impactful legislation, budget, appropriations, and policy to company stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Experience – Experienced professional with more than ten years working in senior government functions related to Healthcare, transportation, and other agencies, with specific experience in budget, strategic planning, industry relations, oversight, and support for agency and political leaders. Specific, demonstrated, and successful experience working with the HHS and relevant stakeholders of the United States Congress is required. USG service as well as business development and industry experience are strongly preferred
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in political science, policy, business, international relations, engineering, or similar required. Postgraduate degrees in business, political science, policy, engineering, international relations, law, or similar are preferred
- Expertise – Demonstrated expertise in government processes; federal budget and appropriations; Healthcare policy; and regulatory matters is required. Demonstrated, successful experience in working professionally with and relating to senior leaders, including government leaders, political appointees, elected officials, and foreign diplomats, is required. Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding team environment is required
- Office Skills – Competency in using modern office functions and basic, professional information technology systems (including, but not limited to word processing, analytical, presentation, communications and database software) is required
- Alignment with the CAE Behaviors – Demonstrated performance congruent with CAE professional behaviors and team-oriented culture
- Professionalism and Composure – Ability to sustain a professional, respectful, and composed demeanor at all times and with officials at every level of seniority in both government and industry. Ability to sustain such a demeanor with colleagues, supervisors, subordinates, and customers
- Expertise – Demonstrated expertise in government-industry interactions. True expertise and sound judgment in politics as it pertains to impacts upon Healthcare industry. True expertise in Healthcare matters, with specific emphasis upon strategy, policy, budget, and acquisition.
- Range – Ability to work across multiple functions, at all levels
- Adaptability – Ability to adjust to adverse and challenging circumstances, including shifting political dynamics and learning/mastering new skills
- Teamwork – Tireless ability to work successfully within a small, highly-focused team
- Work Ethic & Drive – Ability to work at the highest levels of output, efficiency, and multi-tasking
- Vision – Ability to fully evaluate the status quo, identify challenges, present plans for improvement and further development, and then implement and manage positive change aligned to desired objectives
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to sit and operate a personal computer for long periods
- Extensive domestic and occasional international travel
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
CAE is a high technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Backed by a record of more than 70 years of industry firsts, we continue to reimagine the customer experience and revolutionize training and operational support solutions in civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare. We are the partner of choice to customers worldwide who operate in complex, high-stakes and largely regulated environments, where successful outcomes are critical. Testament to our customers’ ongoing needs for our solutions, over 60 percent of CAE’s revenue is recurring in nature. We have the broadest global presence in our industry, with approximately 10,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. www.cae.com
CAE offers interesting, diverse and challenging work. Our multiple businesses and global sites create a highly dynamic and stimulating environment that offers ample opportunity for creativity, learning and growth.
Our innovative technologies and services, and the people who collaborate every day to deliver exceptional service to our customers, are at the heart of what makes our organization successful and a great place to work.
“One of the greatest things about working at CAE is the people I get to work with. I enjoy collaborating with highly dedicated and professional colleagues from around the world every day.” Alexandre Lapointe, Global Engineering
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-25