Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Relations North America
Las Vegas, NV
A little bit about GeoComply
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC, and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people – we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
Are you a public policy strategist that is inspired by the power of data and technology?
GeoComply is looking to add a Director of Government Relations, North America to our Government Relations team. Located in Vancouver, BC, Las Vegas, New York, or Washington, DC, this role will be responsible for delivering strategic regulatory initiatives in GeoComply’s current and emerging North American gaming markets. This individual will possess a North American network of industry contacts to build upon GeoComply’s existing relationships with government agencies, regulatory bodies, and industry stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a compliance, legal, or regulatory background with a strong affinity for understanding how our geolocation technology is optimized to serve various facets of the gaming landscape in North America. This role will collaborate closely with GeoComply’s cross-functional teams including Executive, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Account Management, and others.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve leadership role in representing GeoComply before state gaming regulators, law enforcement and policymakers / legislators regarding the importance, value and utility of geolocation for purposes of compliance, fraud prevention, AML / KYC
- Provide strategic guidance to Regulatory and Product Compliance, Account Management, Business Development, Risk Management, and other internal teams, on gaming market assessments and interpretation of regulatory and licensing requirements
- Enrich regulator training programs to deepen utilization of GeoComply’s suite of solutions among regulatory and law enforcement community
- Maintain essential regulator toolkits and training materials to guide new regulators and enhance relationship with regulators in live markets
- Identify emerging legislative, regulatory and policy threats and opportunities and work across internal teams to coordinate strategy to create new commercial opportunities while also protecting core business
- Work strategically with third parties, trade groups and GeoComply consultants to advance GeoComply’s regulatory and policy priorities
- Identify and pursue public speaking and thought leadership opportunities to elevate GeoComply’s brand, reputation and value within gaming and financial / fintech sectors
- 4+ years of experience or equivalent in government relations, compliance, legal, or regulatory management in the gaming industry
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and highly effective oral and written communication skills Excellent proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and G Suite Programs (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
Bonus Points if You
- Degree in government affairs, business, finance, law or related field preferred
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets – media & entertainment and fintech.
We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work: There’s always a way; Together we can do more; Aim higher. Then higher; Act with integrity; For the greater good.
We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position
Job posted: 2022-09-20