Director, Government Relations and Policy
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Government Relations and Policy will lead and execute policy efforts and associated campaigns at the Federal and State levels to expose and reduce the cruelty and wastefulness of of experiments on animals, and to promote the use of human-relevant, non-animal research methods. This position will be based remotely at their home office and will have substantial autonomy to design, recommend, and lead campaigns.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Build NEAVS’ presence in Washington D.C. and lead efforts to promote our goals within Congress and regulatory agencies
- In consultation with science advisors, lead research into government funded animal testing programs and projects and draft and publicize reports for external audiences based on research findings
- Identify, develop, and lead implementation of legislative and regulatory policy advocacy and associated campaigns
- Build and work effectively within coalition
- Represent NEAVS to external audiences and the media
- Identify and produce content for use across NEAVS web and social channels
- Draft letters, fact sheets, brochures, action alerts, emails and other materials for use in grassroots and direct lobbying activities
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years public policy and government relations experience required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, along with strong research, advocacy, and strategic thinking skills
- Knowledge of issues related to animals in research desired
- Candidate must have ability to travel, along with flexibility to work outside business hours as needed
- Must have strong knowledge of and commitment to animal protection issues. Knowledge of animal research issues preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.
Job posted: 2018-07-14