Director of Government Relations (Remote Option)
HHAeXchange is one of the healthcare industry’s fastest growing healthcare software solutions providers. Founded by professionals with deep experience in software development and healthcare, our platforms are tailored for post acute payers and providers seeking innovative, yet cost effective ways to provide better service to patients and to maintain a high level of compliance in response to rapidly changing market regulations.
The post acute home care industry is booming – with continued 10-15% natural growth expected over the next 20 to 30 years. HHAeXchange is poised to capitalize on that market opportunity with an innovative, market leading SaaS based solution for healthcare providers and payers. HHAeXchange currently has the dominant platform position in several state Medicaid managed care markets. A recent recapitalization of the company in December 2018 by Cressey and Company positions the company and this Position for continued rapid growth in a highly attractive industry.
Currently, we are seeking a Director of Government Relations to join our growing team!
The Director of Government Relations is responsible for identifying and developing opportunities for HHAeXchange as it relates to State, Federal, and Medicaid Managed Care Plan Contracts for Home Care Software Solutions. Our platform is uniquely positioned to prevent fraud and abuse, and dramatically increase the efficiency of state healthcare agencies and their contracted home care agencies within the state.
Essential Job Functions
- Research and develop awareness of all of the state agencies (e.g., Local Department of Social services, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Department of Aging, etc)e) that are involved in the reimbursement of home care services. Understand what State programs are providing homecare benefits (Managed Long Term Support Services, Waiver Programs, etc)
- Identify and interview lobbyists for targeted states to support HHAX Business Development and Branding efforts
- Manage and track lobbyist accomplishments and invoices
- Monitor and track when Government are seeking out technology solutions to implement, and/or launch Request for Proposal (RFP), RFI and IFB processes.
- Together with Lobbyist and Payer Business Development Team, work to identify key participants from each agency involved in the proposal process.
- Research as requested Medicaid Agencies contracts with their Managed Care Plans to understand electronic visit verification and other relevant requirements that impact the HHAX business.
- Schedule and lead meetings with lobbyists and external meetings with Lobbyists and government officials in collaboration with Payer Business Development Team
- Support development of RFP responses as requested
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Medicaid and CMS environments
- History of working with or overseeing lobbying efforts with outside lobbyists
- Healthcare experience a must, specifically around Reimbursement
- Experience working across multiple states, not focused in ONE market
- Solid track record of executing policy research and analysis, written and presented (white papers)
- Homecare experience a preferred, but not required
- Experience working with Business Development and Operations teams to support sales process
- 3-5 years of experience with consulting, research, project management, or government affairs
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize/self-direct as needed
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within agreed upon scope
- Independently motivated with proven ability to follow through on initiatives
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Strong written communication skills
- Quick learner who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Internet savvy
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-01-14